Special Announcement About the Future of UA Athletics Today at 11:45 (Crimson Standard)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Special Announcement About the Future of UA Athletics Today at 11:45

Alabama to announce Bryant-Denny Stadium renovation and facilities plan

The University of Alabama athletics department will announce a long-term facilities plan Thursday that includes a major renovation to Bryant-Denny Stadium, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

The update to the Crimson Tide’s football stadium is expected to reduce seating capacity by a small percentage from its current capacity of 101,821. It includes plans for a new video board in the south end zone and additional luxury boxes.

The long-term plan will also affect Coleman Coliseum, softball’s Rhoads Stadium and other athletics facilities. All facilities plans are subject to approval by the board of trustees. UA is expected to announce a capital campaign to raise funds for the facilities improvements.

An announcement previewing Thursday’s news conference says the athletics department will introduce “The Crimson Standard.” Director of Athletics Greg Byrne, football coach Nick Saban and UA President Stuart Bell are scheduled to speak.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

I thought for sure this PC was called to announce who will be the starting QB.

It's great that we have the resources and vision to make our athletic facilities among the best in the nation. :BigA:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Why bother when they have already leaked what the are going to do? That is the norm now but I wonder why no one can spring a surprise any longer?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why bother when they have already leaked what the are going to do? That is the norm now but I wonder why no one can spring a surprise any longer?
Where have they leaked what they are going to do? The article (unless updated since I read it) doesn't give all of the details about every facility being renovated.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Where have they leaked what they are going to do? The article (unless updated since I read it) doesn't give all of the details about every facility being renovated.
If you know a Tide prider or REC member you pretty much knew this was coming and coming soon is what he probably is talking about.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

Well, for those of us who don't and pretty much get all of our info here, a Big thanks to these posts and all the articles that kyallie links to.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I think that the softball facility does need an investment, and more seats. We have the best crowd in the country for softball, so why not throw them a bone?

rtr

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I guess everyone wants to NFL-ize college football and maximize profits but can’t say I am super stoked about more luxury boxes. Less seats for more corporations. Yay... [emoji849]

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I always knew Saban was going to wind up at Texas.....

:frown:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA

A few thoughts...

1) Coleman is going to be much more enjoyable...1,000 times better.

2) BDS has always had a "frankenstein" look to it because of the many rennovations...so I am hoping this helps give it a more cohesive appearance...outside and inside.

3) I will be losing my physical seat location (SS7) but am excited about the gigantic jumbotron

4) I need to figure out how many of my kids I'll need to sell in order to afford these sporting events in person.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

A few thoughts...

1) Coleman is going to be much more enjoyable...1,000 times better.

2) BDS has always had a "frankenstein" look to it because of the many rennovations...so I am hoping this helps give it a more cohesive appearance...outside and inside.

3) I will be losing my physical seat location (SS7) but am excited about the gigantic jumbotron

4) I need to figure out how many of my kids I'll need to sell in order to afford these sporting events in person.
1) I’ll believe it when I see it about Coleman. How many times were we promised a better product.

2) could be worse... Jerkin Hair is just Legion Field with a big TV

3) I would prefer to have one like Texas or Arkansas over the one at Auburn.

4) tickets are cheap

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

They are cutting a huge chunk out of the south EZ upper deck to make room for the video board. It will not be a 100k stadium after all this. But the upgraded features look awesome.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

They are cutting a huge chunk out of the south EZ upper deck to make room for the video board. It will not be a 100k stadium after all this. But the upgraded features look awesome.
It really is an intelligent move, imo - ticket demand will drop at some point, so fewer seats will keep demand high and the added amenities will encourage people like me - who generally prefer watching from the comforts of home - to go for an even more immersive experience.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Interesting Coleman Coliseum is 115 million to renovation v.s. 185 million to build new one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.