Looks Like Kirby Might be on the Verge of Having a QB Issue on His Hands

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
My impression was that Fields was still a little raw as a passer. Maybe I'm wrong but IIRC I feel like I read somewhere that he had all the physical traits and then some but needed development.

The other clear difference between us and them is that Jalen can't throw and Fromm can. Idk that Fromm will be what some expect (future 1st rounder) but I do think he is more than capable of winning a championship assuming Kirby develops the talent around him. Its hard to replace a guy that you know for the guy that you don't especially when the guy you know isn't a weak spot.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
he is only on his third year being a head coach and is under a huge spotlight. people seem to expect him to be saban incarnate and be able to replicate what we have in t-town in athens, but it took saban a few years to get where he is and he has still had a few bumps in the road with extremely talented teams.
That's exactly what they expect. He's "Saban with a smile" to them. Even though many of them wrote him off when he was hired and then again after his first season. But now that he has one successful season he's Saban 2.0. He might end up being a elite level coach but people need to pump the breaks for now.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's exactly what they expect. He's "Saban with a smile" to them. Even though many of them wrote him off when he was hired and then again after his first season. But now that he has one successful season he's Saban 2.0. He might end up being a elite level coach but people need to pump the breaks for now.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! If they pump the breaks it minimizes the damage of the crash. I want them to stomp the accelerator on Kirby. To where he's believed to have healed the sick, raised the dead and made the blind to see.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! If they pump the breaks it minimizes the damage of the crash. I want them to stomp the accelerator on Kirby. To where he's believed to have healed the sick, raised the dead and made the blind to see.
Lol good point and fair enough

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Nothing quite like watching a hot shot coach blindly slam into a wall of his own making.
IMO: Kirby is a good coach, who has a chance to mature into a great coach. MAYBE...
Sometime decision making is more to blame for failure than play calling.

Expecting too much too soon only leads to disappointment and dejection.
Here's to Georgia going pedal to the metal... ;)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
It is all about instant gratification... Why can't parents, fans and the media let kids be kids. I see it with family members and friends kids, if you don't start day 1, you're a loser. If this keeps up we are gonna see kids routinely start showing up for fall camp, not get the job and then bull a Blake Barnett and go to a juco. How did that work for him?

Look at Miami back in the early-mid 80's. Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Testaverde were all on the 1982 team. Testaverde actually sat 3 years behind them before being the starter. I think he had a pretty long NFL career. In the case of Fields and Fromm. If Fields can't beat him out, take a redshirt, work hard and comeback next year. Worst case you are a freshman eligibility wise behind a junior who might declare for the draft so, you have 2 or 3 years to start.

Even if Tua beats out Jalen, why doesn't Jalen stay and redshirt? Bust your butt and work on what you need to do to improve as a passer. Look at Matt Cassel, I believe he has made a nice living having never started a game in College at QB. He did one game at H-back. Cassel knew with the program USC was back then he'd be noticed by scouts at practice and pro day. He knew with the NFL contact Pete Carroll had, his best shot at the NFL was staying out. A BUNCH of players could learn from him...

Tide99

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
Both Georgia and Clemson have qb races just as competitive as ours, and in all three cases it's the more junior player who will probably wind up leading the team by the end of this season.
rtr
So they have an intense battle going on for QB2 as well? If the Alabama QB race for starter were a horserace Tua is Secretariat at the Belmont. He could stop, munch on some grass on the infield, and then turn around and moonwalk backwards over the finish line while waving at the crowd and it still wouldn't be close!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.