CFN: Alabama vs. Louisville Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think they make some plays on our young secondary, but I don't see them stopping our offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think they make some plays on our young secondary, but I don't see them stopping our offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Louisville doesn’t have Lamar Jackson, but they still have Petrino.

He may be a despicable human being, but he knows how to make a young secondary uncomfortable. They’ll make some plays, just nowhere near enough of them.

I expect a close game at the half. But as the pounding wears on them, we pull away.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Thanks, CA! It's starting to feel like football season again, and it couldn't happen soon enough this year. Roll Tide!

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Before UL decided to open their mouth, I thought it would be a close but not close game, with Jawon Pass testing our young secondary and then us pulling away in the end for a 42-20 type victory but now? 55-13.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Before UL decided to open their mouth, I thought it would be a close but not close game, with Jawon Pass testing our young secondary and then us pulling away in the end for a 42-20 type victory but now? 55-13.
LOL @ Petrino's guarantee. They'll be competitive with Bama until kick off.

I don't see UL going 20 on Bama. Something like 47-17.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
A good article that gives a realistic set of expectations and ramps up the excitement of the pending season.

Looking for a fresh angle to discuss, sometimes it occurs to me that these days we've have a regular flood of media coverage of sports. There are now so many more venues to choose between to get up to speed. One side effect is that the editing of the articles has suffered, and is obviously not able to keep up.

So I enjoy noting how many typos get by the editing process...

It’s Alabama, so it replaces superstar talent with more superstar talent, but even for this defense, using Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ronnie Harrison is going to hurt.
What??? did they mean losing instead of using?

But Louisville will get the passing attack going just enough in the second half to keep this from getting brutally ugly. The Cardinal O will push back just enough yardage-wise to make Nick Saban made, but Alabama has won all of its last 11 openers by double-digits.
Is there an extra e on the end of the word mad that shouldn't be there?

It was a good read, glad I saw it, but good grief, does no one proofread these things first before they publish them?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Gosh, where is the editor?
It’s Alabama, so it replaces superstar talent with more superstar talent, but even for this defense, using (sic, "losing?") Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ronnie Harrison is going to hurt.
Was the author dictating this?
The Cardinal O will push back just enough yardage-wise to make Nick Saban made (sic, "mad?"), but Alabama has won all of its last 11 openers by double-digits.
Chukker beat me to it. Great minds thinking alike, Chukker?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A good article that gives a realistic set of expectations and ramps up the excitement of the pending season.

Looking for a fresh angle to discuss, sometimes it occurs to me that these days we've have a regular flood of media coverage of sports. There are now so many more venues to choose between to get up to speed. One side effect is that the editing of the articles has suffered, and is obviously not able to keep up.

So I enjoy noting how many typos get by the editing process...

What??? did they mean losing instead of using?

Is there an extra e on the end of the word mad that shouldn't be there?

It was a good read, glad I saw it, but good grief, does no one proofread these things first before they publish them?
I think the new tech is one problem. I like the auto correct which waits until I finish typing to correct my spelling. I hate the IMPROVED one that anticipates what I mean and changes the world to another word before I get through. On face book I finally caught it changing one word to another. Until I happened to look at the right time and catch it I thought I had gotten so old I could not compose any longer. Thankfully it is modern technology and not this old man. Yes, I still have it..:)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think the new tech is one problem. I like the auto correct which waits until I finish typing to correct my spelling. I hate the IMPROVED one that anticipates what I mean and changes the world to another word before I get through. On face book I finally caught it changing one word to another. Until I happened to look at the right time and catch it I thought I had gotten so old I could not compose any longer. Thankfully it is modern technology and not this old man. Yes, I still have it..:)
We've reached mutual ground with our opinions of auto correct. :)

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I saw the player boasting. I saw Petrino say he believed Louisville would win. Yawn. We are not impressed.
I have no problems with coaches who believe they can win against X team, but Petrino took it to the next level by guaranteeing it. Good/great coaches don't say this. It won't be a massacre like the USC game but it probably won't be competitive by no later than mid 2nd Q.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.