What road venues have you traveled to see the Crimson Tide play?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Playoff in Jerry World
BCS in NOLA
BCS in Miami
Knoxville
Vandy
Ole Miss
And of course lots of times at Legion Field

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
1993 Gator Bowl. It was the last game played in the old Gator Bowl stadium before being rebuilt into today's NFL venue. Bama beat Tar Heels 24-10. It was a great day and even better night game. The Heel's fans next to us walked out before the final horn and said, "Just come up and play us in basketball." My wife, young kids, and I laughed as they departed.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
From Best to worst:

1) Jerry Dome- so much space. (2015 Cotton Bowl) Will go back
2) Kyle Field (aTm)- A stadium that is what college football should be like. So much room, tradition, and super nice fans. Will go back. (2017)
3) Tiger Stadium (LSU) - Probably the best college football atmosphere for an unbiased fan, especially at night. Loudest outdoor stadium Ive ever been to. Probably the thing(s) that gives aTm the edge is 1) its easier to get in and out at aTm and 2) while LSU fans aren't as bad as they are talked about they are sometimes really annoying. Will go back (2016)
4) The original GA dome- I think it was a great neutral site venue that wasn't too high, and wasn't to cramped imo. Cant go back. (2014 WV, 2014 SECCG, and 2016 Peach Bowl)
5) Superdome- I think New Orleans feels much bigger of a venue than Atlanta, and it tends to be more of an experience. Loudest dang stadium ive ever been to. But the steepness is the biggest draw back. Will go back(2014 Sugar Bowl, 2017 Sugar Bowl)
6) Davis-Wade Stadium (MSU)- The stadium is nice, the surrounding area okay, and the fans aren't total jerks. But you pretty much know the biggest drawback (clang clang clang), but the other drawback is parking is horrible. I'm not above going back, but it will take a good selling point to do so. (2017)
7) Farout Field (Mizzou)- The stadium is old timey but its a pretty field. The Midwest mixed with southern style of tradition is actually pretty cool when you go see it. I would go back if I'm able (2012)
8) Jordan Hare (Auburn)- Its basically Legion field with better upperdecks and a huge scoreboard. Pretty campus, but their fans are pretty bad down there, and parking and traffic are horrible. Wont go back (2015)
9) New Georgia Dome- I know a lot on here are in love with the new Georgia dome, but I just hate it. It is one of the most cramped concourses Ive ever been to, and it makes you question why didn't they just renovate the old one. Also the ticket line is horrible for cold games. Will only go back if there is a big game that I cant miss (2017 CFPNCG)
10) Vaught-Hemingway (Ole Miss)- Grove is overrated, Hoover has a better stadium, fans are total butt holes, and Hotty Toddy is annoying. Wont ever go back (2016)

I'm making my trip to Tennessee this year, and thinking about USCe next year.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Not many but:

Liberty Bowl, Memphis v UCLA
Jacksonville, Fl. v FSU
Cowtown v Aubarn, several times
Ga Dome for a several SEC Championships

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Old Gator Bowl
Cotton Bowl Stadium
Jordan Hare
Jerry World
LSU Death Valley
Rose Bowl BCS Champ
Sanford Stadium
Orange Bowl (or whatever it was called)BCS
Independence Bowl Shreveport
Vanderbilt Stadium

Been to games at the following, just not BAMA.

Kyle Field (Saw Nebraska-aTm in 1998 )

West Point (Bad ... experience.Best game day anywhere including Bryant Denny. When the Cadets enter is incredible, can’t explain...)

UNT Appogee Stadium

Old UNT Stadium (worse than a 2A HS Stadium)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What road venues have you traveled to see the Crimson Tide play?

For me: Tennessee, LSU and Penn State.
1) Vaught-Hemingway Stadium at Ole Miss in 1995

The view from my seat was turrible. I was down near the five-yard line halfway down and missed most of the game that happened at the other end.

2) Little Rock vs Arkansas in 1996

Had an end zone seat midway. Better view than Ole Miss the year before but not much.

3) Davis-Wade Stadium vs MSU in 1998

It was called Scott Field when I went. Horrible rainy day. Decent 50-yard line high seat. Those damn cowbells will drive you nuts.
Also saw Dak Prescott's first start there vs Kentucky in 2013. It's better now than it was in 1998.

4) Cotton Bowl Stadium vs Texas Tech 2006

This was the old venue before Jerry World. Beautiful day but packed in VERY tight. It's like they built it for when the average size of a person was much smaller. Way too tight even if I'd been smaller like now than back then.

5) Jerry World vs Michigan 2012

Awful acoustics. You can either NOT hear the bands or the double echo is awful. The pregame bands were like being stuck in a large tin can tightened to hold the sound in. But then I could barely hear the Anthem. It looks like they're WAY down there, and if you're up high, you basically wind up watching the big screen to see what's happening. Don't recommend.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
From Best to worst:

1) Jerry Dome- so much space. (2015 Cotton Bowl) Will go back
2) Kyle Field (aTm)- A stadium that is what college football should be like. So much room, tradition, and super nice fans. Will go back. (2017)
3) Tiger Stadium (LSU) - Probably the best college football atmosphere for an unbiased fan, especially at night. Loudest outdoor stadium Ive ever been to. Probably the thing(s) that gives aTm the edge is 1) its easier to get in and out at aTm and 2) while LSU fans aren't as bad as they are talked about they are sometimes really annoying. Will go back (2016)
4) The original GA dome- I think it was a great neutral site venue that wasn't too high, and wasn't to cramped imo. Cant go back. (2014 WV, 2014 SECCG, and 2016 Peach Bowl)
5) Superdome- I think New Orleans feels much bigger of a venue than Atlanta, and it tends to be more of an experience. Loudest dang stadium ive ever been to. But the steepness is the biggest draw back. Will go back(2014 Sugar Bowl, 2017 Sugar Bowl)
6) Davis-Wade Stadium (MSU)- The stadium is nice, the surrounding area okay, and the fans aren't total jerks. But you pretty much know the biggest drawback (clang clang clang), but the other drawback is parking is horrible. I'm not above going back, but it will take a good selling point to do so. (2017)
7) Farout Field (Mizzou)- The stadium is old timey but its a pretty field. The Midwest mixed with southern style of tradition is actually pretty cool when you go see it. I would go back if I'm able (2012)
8) Jordan Hare (Auburn)- Its basically Legion field with better upperdecks and a huge scoreboard. Pretty campus, but their fans are pretty bad down there, and parking and traffic are horrible. Wont go back (2015)
9) New Georgia Dome- I know a lot on here are in love with the new Georgia dome, but I just hate it. It is one of the most cramped concourses Ive ever been to, and it makes you question why didn't they just renovate the old one. Also the ticket line is horrible for cold games. Will only go back if there is a big game that I cant miss (2017 CFPNCG)
10) Vaught-Hemingway (Ole Miss)- Grove is overrated, Hoover has a better stadium, fans are total butt holes, and Hotty Toddy is annoying. Wont ever go back (2016)

I'm making my trip to Tennessee this year, and thinking about USCe next year.
I should add yes, the parking at Miss State is absolutely horrendous. I went with a current student at that time is how we parked decent, and we still had to catch a bus over to the stadium.

Others I've been to:

Amon Carter Stadium (TCU's home) - I went BEFORE the expansion for the 2007 and 2008 Armed Forces Bowl games. Parking is horrific, the view can be decent, but it seemed small to me.

Apogee Stadium - attended the 2011 UNT vs Indiana game. It is what it is, parking is across the interstate and you have to walk over on the bridge, the stadium is relatively small but wide open, has more of a high school feel than college football.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I've seen Bama play at Neyland, Jordan-Hare, Davis-Wade, Vanderbilt and at the Super Dome (vs Miami).

eta: Legion Field (as a barn home game)

Other than Bama, have seen a couple of Purdue games at Ross-Ade, a long time ago.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
1) Vaught-Hemingway Stadium at Ole Miss in 1995

VHS- The view from my seat was turrible. I was down near the five-yard line halfway down and missed most of the game that happened at the other end.

I was on the 15, and it was horrible as well. There are better High school stadiums in Alabama than that dump. They try to sell you on the Grove, but its no better than any other quad in the SEC. I think LSU is the best pregame and post game tailgating in the SEC.

3) Davis-Wade Stadium vs MSU in 1998

It was called Scott Field when I went. Horrible rainy day. Decent 50-yard line high seat. Those damn cowbells will drive you nuts.
Also saw Dak Prescott's first start there vs Kentucky in 2013. It's better now than it was in 1998.

Ive been by the old version of the stadium, but never in it. I can say the upgrades actually make it a good stadium.

* Another criticism I got is the insane amount of Bell puns they have.

-They come out to Metallica From Whom the Bell tolls
- They play Jim Ross's "Ring the Damn Bell" after every big defensive play
- They play "Need More Cowbell"
- etc

4) Cotton Bowl Stadium vs Texas Tech 2006

This was the old venue before Jerry World. Beautiful day but packed in VERY tight. It's like they built it for when the average size of a person was much smaller. Way too tight even if I'd been smaller like now than back then.

One day I want to go to the OU-UT game out there.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
1) Neyland Stadium - several Alabama vs. UT games
2) Vaught-Hemingway Stadium - Alabama vs. OM where Trent Richardson double or triple juked the same player on the same play.
3) Davis-Wade Stadium - Alabama vs. MSU during the Rose Bowl national championship year
4) Jordan-Hare Stadium - Alabama vs. AU during the Sugar Bowl championship year, AJ's first Iron Bowl.
5) Georgia Dome - Alabama vs. Virginia Tech, 2009 game
6) Jerry World in Dallas - Alabama vs. USC 2016
7) Rose Bowl - Alabama vs. Texas National Championship
8) Jaguars Stadium in Jacksonville, FL - Alabama vs. FSU, CNS' first season.

I've also seen many USC games at the LA Coliseum, the Rose Bowl (including the USC-Texas BCS National Championship game), the old Stanford stadium before they destroyed it and built their new stadium, and Husky Stadium in Seattle.

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I've been to 42 road/neutral site games, a 32-10 record.

Neyland Stadium 5-0: Elevennessee
Jerkin-Hair 2-2: auburn
New Orleans 2-2: Miami (1989 & 1992), LSU (BCSCG), Ohio State (CFP Semis)
Jerry World 2-0: Michigan State, USC
Jacksonville 1-1: North Carolina (93 Gator Bowl), FSU
Sanford Stadium 1-0: UGA
Red Stick 1-0: LSU
Liberty Bowl Stadium 1-0: Memphis State
Dudley Field 1-0: Vandy
Rose Bowl 1-0: Texas
University of Phoenix 1-0: Clemson
Scott Field 1-0: State
Raymond James Tampa 0-1: Clemson
Legion Field 1-1: Florida, 1st two SECCG's
Atlanta 12-3: Georgia Dome (9-3), Mercedes-Benz (2-0), Grant Field (1-0)

Ga. Dome is 7 SECCG's (4-3), 4 Chick-fil-A Classics (4-0), and the CFP Semi game vs. Washington
Mercedes-Benz: FSU and UGA
Grant Field: Ga. Tech

am4bama

Nov 3, 2013
Spout Springs, NC
Tuscaloosa - 3 times
Birmingham - 2 times
Atlanta Ga Dome - 3 times
South Carolina - 2 times
Knoxville - 6 to 8 times
Vandy - 2 times
Notre Dame - 1 time [ 1987?]
Cincinnati - Bengals Stadium
Raleigh, NC - NC State
Durham, NC - Duke
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa - Outside of stadium till after 1st Qtr started, would not pay $1,800 for ticket. Went home to watch. Does that count?

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Legion Field, Georgia Dome, Titan Stadium(Nashville), Shreveport, Miss State, Ole Miss, Neyland Stadium(Knoxville), Vandy, Kentucky, Baton Rouge, and, oh yeah, the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, 2009(if only Colt hadn't ...) Oops, forgot Jackson, Ms vs. OM.

Last edited:

Brobrettjohnson

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2018
Went to UT back in 08 with my brother. His friend lived in Knoxville so he got us tickets. Most of the folks we were around were very plesant(we were on good behavior ourselves lol). If I knew we’d have the same experience each time, I’d go back in a heartbeat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.