What road venues have you traveled to see the Crimson Tide play?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
UF
UGA
SC
ut
*u
VU
MSU
LSU

GT
Tulane in Mobile

Memphis State
Ole Miss in Jackson
Ark in Little Rock
FSU in Jacksonville
VT in Atlanta
WVU in Atlanta
FSU in Atlanta

Ark in Tulane Stadium (Sugar Bowl) 1962
PSU in New Orleans (Sugar Bowl) 1979
Texas in Dallas (Cotton Bowl) 1982
Illinois in Memphis (Liberty Bowl) 1982
Michigan in Tampa (HOF Bowl) 1988
Miami in New Orleans (Sugar Bowl) 1990 & 1993
Colorado in Miami (Blockbuster Bowl) 1991
Ohio State in Orlando (Citrus Bowl) 1995
Michigan in Tampa (Outback Bowl) 1997
Michigan State in Orlando (Cap One Bowl) 2011
Clemson in Glendale (CFPNCG) 2016
Washington in Atlanta (Peach Bowl) 2016
Clemson in New Orleans (Sugar Bowl) 2018

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Only Knoxville, year 2000. Awful day that was. Lost 20-10.
I was at that game also. Miserable. Game was awful, stadium absolutely sucks with seats that are just wide enough for a 4-year-old to sit in, and some of the most rude, obnoxious fans I've ever been around.

I've only been to handful of away/neutral site games, but here are my road trips:
Ole Miss in Oxford 1997 - thought we were going to die in a tornado just to watch the typical Dubose 3-ring circus on the field, but at least we won
UT in Knoxville 2000 - see above, had to endure one of the most pitiful offensive showings I've ever seen while hearing Deliverance music playing in my head the whole time
MSU in Starkvegas 2009 - defensive gem, Ingram and Julio put on a show with 2 long TDs on the way to Saban's first NC at Bama
Music City Bowl (vs. Minnesota) in Nashville 2004 - miserable loss, miserable end to a miserable season, Spencer Pennington overthrows wide open Ty Prothro in the EZ on what should have been game winner
Va. Tech in ATL 2013 - struggled offensively but Christion Jones put on a special teams clinic to get the W

Of course, I've been to Legion Field when AU was home team but I don't count those.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
i went to the dump that was miss state in the 92 season. watched us play vandy in nashville in 2001. i went to several games in the ga dome and also visited jerry world for the um game. i absolutely hated that stadium. i lost count of the games i went to at legion field. most of the big games were played here during my hs and college days (80s-early 90s)

i have been to the benz several times for atlanta united games, but no football yet.

outside of the times we play in atlanta, i am pretty much done with attending games in person.
They HAVE improved the Dump formerly known as Scott Field in Starkvegas. The bells are still irritating but they've modernized it.

btw - their b-ball facility is called the Hump, so we used to refer to their stadiums as the Dump and the Hump. Seriously.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
LA Coliseum, 1971 17-10

Wow....what a game that was. I would think you must be one of a very few living Bama fans left that were actually there. What a treasured memory that must be. I’m curious, about how many fans from Alabama made that trip and did we have the RV army back then?

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Wow....what a game that was. I would think you must be one of a very few living Bama fans left that were actually there. What a treasured memory that must be. I’m curious, about how many fans from Alabama made that trip and did we have the RV army back then?
My Dad came home early on Thursday and told me to pack. I didn't know where we were going until we got on the Delta out of Atlanta. As I remember, there was not much space to park an RV outside of that stadium.

Last edited:

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
On campus
Knoxville, Auburn, Athens

Off campus
Super Dome (vs Ohio State)
Georgia Dome (Florida 2x SEC Championship, West Virginia, Washington Playoff)
Mercedes Benz (FSU)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Just Atlanta for 2 SEC Championship games. I do have a goal to visit the other venues. We just need to wait until the kids are older. Right now my oldest plays football on Saturdays. So we will have to wait till at least next year. Since he can start playing middle school football next year and that is during the week.

CrmznApklps

All-SEC
Nov 22, 2004
The GUMP
Hmmm let's see...

Miss State (the night they say Coach Stallings made up his mind to leave)
Neyland twice
Sugar Bowl (for the Utah kerfuffle)
LSU
The Rose Bowl (for the Natty vs tejas)

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
2007 Oxford (South End Zone Club seats from my boss, had a good time in spite of that one OM fan telling me exactly what Alabama could do to themselves, everyone else was very hospitable)

2009 Starkville (Dead center of faculty/staff section--old roommate of mine from Bama is on faculty at MSU, they were to pleased with my yelling "Hello Heisman!" after Mark Ingram's 75 yard TD run up the gut).

2002 Baton Rouge (absolute nose bleed, but free, seats. Stadium was mostly Bama fans early in the second half as I recall. I'm blanking on the name of the coach Bama beat that night).

Missed the 2015 game here in Athens. Would have been fun, but my wife was working that day and I was taking care of my then 17 month old son. (Plus, it was nice watching that game from the warm, dry comfort of my living room in light of the weather that day).

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
A bunch. Southwest Louisiana and watching Bama kick 6 field goals sounds boring, but Lafayette was a fun place to visit.
Twice to Penn State for memorable games and the best fans I’ve ever been around. Texas A&M fans are a close second to them. Welcoming and respectful.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just Legion Field for me sadly. An Iron Bowl and seeing us lose to Southern Miss.

I did get to see my first and only live purse snatching there. So there’s that.

Should’ve been to the SEC Championship in Atlanta in 99 but my dad took my mom even though she doesn’t care that much about football.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Going to the Grove in a few weeks. I’m pumped. Any tips?
Yeah...

lower your expectations it’s not as great as Bama or LSU in terms of party and tailgating.

Park at Oxford high and take the bus over. It’s better than fighting for places closer

The stadium is... meh at best, there are worse stadiums.

Idk if Ole Miss fans have always been overly obnoxious or it’s just because I went in 2016 that they were that way, but they were probably the most obnoxious fans I’ve ever been around next to UGA fans for a ball game.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Going to the Grove in a few weeks. I’m pumped. Any tips?
Single hottest game ever. Went there for the first win with hurts at QB. Players were cramping, fans were talking put left and right. It is downright nasty. Stadium isn't big enough top get winds through it, no overhangs for shade.

Hope it's cloudy

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.