Scrimmage #2 News & Leaks

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Defense is not a verb.

I really wish I could give whoever was the first commentator to use defense as a verb a hard high-five. In the face. With a chair.

Talk about backpfeifengesicht.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Pardon my English. Didn't know professors were lurking. ;)

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Unfortunately there is the theory of relativity. How good Hurts did is relative to what Defenders he threw his touchdowns against, and or with no returning starters even with the #1's it's relative to how bad the defensive back screwed up. Saban did say the defensive back field did not play well. It's also relative to the amount of protection Hurts was getting, if he was blitzed at all, were any stunts run against him? Even the supposed eye witness reports we get (which may be crap) rarely if ever include enough detail to be of any use. Not on a QB battle. It's fairly easy to see at some other positions. Like Waddle for instance. Sounds like this guy has some game changing ability.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I was talking to a former co-worker who is lucky enough to attend practices and scrimmages and like most everyone he thinks Tua is by far the better QB. Based on discussions with some assistants he thinks we might see Jalen take the first snap VS Louisville before yielding to Tua. Part of the loyalty Saban fought against himself with last year after the Barn game.
I think your co-worker is mistaken. That is just impossible or else all this talk about starting the best is just a crock of coach speak.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think your co-worker is mistaken. That is just impossible or else all this talk about starting the best is just a crock of coach speak.
Not impossible. Same thing happened in 2016 so a precedent has been set. I think it is a very likely scenario and Tua will be our starter for the next 14 games..

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It is what passes for “journalism” today. Seems the guy most likely wasn’t even in attendance and just reporting “what he heard”.
Doubt if he even tried to corroborate “what he heard” with other sources before writing it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It is what passes for “journalism” today. Seems the guy most likely wasn’t even in attendance and just reporting “what he heard”.
Doubt if he even tried to corroborate “what he heard” with other sources before writing it.
"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The increasing alarm that Jalen may start reminds me of halftime in the NCG. There was a sort of dread that CNS would keep Tua on the sideline. But he did what was right, played the best player.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Not impossible. Same thing happened in 2016 so a precedent has been set. I think it is a very likely scenario and Tua will be our starter for the next 14 games..
How do you pull Jalen when he is playing well against an overmatched Louisville defense? There are only a couple teams on our schedule that has a defense that requires us to have a real QB.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Yep: I think CNS goes with the best player and lets the chips fall where they may. It isn't easy, that is why he is the best though. Jalen is coveted by a lot of coaches for a reason. Tua is just special. So it will be Tua. Coach Saban is the best; do we really think it will not be Tua?
The increasing alarm that Jalen may start reminds me of halftime in the NCG. There was a sort of dread that CNS would keep Tua on the sideline. But he did what was right, played the bestC player.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Unfortunately there is the theory of relativity. How good Hurts did is relative to what Defenders he threw his touchdowns against, and or with no returning starters even with the #1's it's relative to how bad the defensive back screwed up. Saban did say the defensive back field did not play well. It's also relative to the amount of protection Hurts was getting, if he was blitzed at all, were any stunts run against him? Even the supposed eye witness reports we get (which may be crap) rarely if ever include enough detail to be of any use. Not on a QB battle. It's fairly easy to see at some other positions. Like Waddle for instance. Sounds like this guy has some game changing ability.
I've been hearing since he hit campus...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.