Scrimmage #2 News & Leaks

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Has that been confirmed about Jalen playing against the 2s?

Did Mac Jones get any time?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
According to the guy on Twitter...
Jalen and Tua pretty evenly split time working with the 1s and 2s. They also evenly worked against the 1s and 2s. It was mixed up pretty randomly today.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I realize in saying this that Saban doesn't take advice from me but my gut is that we need to go ahead and make Tua the starter and spend the next two weeks getting in step on offense because this defense, they will play hard but against the better teams the lack of depth is going to kill us. We are going have to win some shootouts. The TV people will love it but it's just more grey hairs on me.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I realize in saying this that Saban doesn't take advice from me but my gut is that we need to go ahead and make Tua the starter and spend the next two weeks getting in step on offense because this defense, they will play hard but against the better teams the lack of depth is going to kill us. We are going have to win some shootouts. The TV people will love it but it's just more grey hairs on me.
I have a feeling that decision is already made................we just haven't been told yet. With all the rumored meetings between Saban and JH's father, we may know it soon

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I would hate to face our offense with Tua. Great skill players across the board along with TEs that can get open AND a mobile QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I think you may be right early, but as the season goes they will get better and better as the new guys acclimate and gain experience. There is no lack of physical talent just experience. I also think the D-Line and LB's will be very good. LB's may be thinner than usual, our starters should be fantastic especially at MLB, but the D-Line seems to be building depth with guys like Mathis and Dwight getting good reviews in this camp. Also Anoma is reported to be turning heads in practice. A disruptive D-Line will cover a lot of issues on the back end while young guys sort it out. I do think we will see more scoring, but this year is the year to do that since on paper this team looks to be the most gifted offense Bama has put on the field overall in the Saban era. WR talent is everywhere, the OL looks good, and a stable of running backs that bring a smile to my face every time I think of them. Robinson can barely get on the field, but when he does he looks great. The guy is 4th on the depth chart and I wouldn't care if he gets 20 carries a game. We don't even need to talk about the potential with Tua. I don't think Bama holds everyone under 20 this year, but I think they can put up 40 on a regular basis.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Seem to be some concern about our D.

But if they are getting lit up by our offense it might just mean we are going to be better there than in a while. Some are saying OL is 2012 quality and we know our RBs and WRs and probably QB are better than then.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Coach Saban is probably TIRED of Jalen's Dad.
(I know I would be tired of him interfering)
If I could give advice to Jalen's Dad, it would be to 'BUTT OUT'.
The starting position will be settled on the field, rather than in a back room meeting.

Cold hard fact is that Tua is well ahead in stats, and the players are responding better to him.
I still haven't seen anything to indicate that Jalen can go against an 8 man front.
The whole college football world has seen how to Defense Jalen.
How will they Defense Tua? Are they gonna force him to throw? He will eat their lunch.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...The whole college football world has seen how to Defense Jalen.
How will they Defense Tua? Are they gonna force him to throw? He will eat their lunch.
Defense is not a verb.

I really wish I could give whoever was the first commentator to use defense as a verb a hard high-five. In the face. With a chair.

Talk about backpfeifengesicht.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Defense is not a verb.

I really wish I could give whoever was the first commentator to use defense as a verb a hard high-five. In the face. With a chair.

Talk about backpfeifengesicht.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I know the feeling. Er, is it feelings? I would like to put a chair in the person's face who made the rule that I can say two beers but not to deers.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Scrimmage #2 News & Leaks

Yep I saw that. Big blow to their backfield. They’re kind of thin at RB after Swift now..
I don’t know - Holifield was reportedly impressive during the spring, Herrien has experience and Cook was one of the higher rated RB’s recruits last year (pretty strong pedigree). If one of the four goes down they might have some problems but I’m not sure losing White is going to be that big of a problem for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.