Christopher Allen out for season?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The only saving grace is we have a pretty weak schedule until October / November. Should have some time to get a few guys up to speed against lesser competition until we run into State, LSU and AU late in the schedule..

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Wow. And this young man is being counted on because he is a player. Man...I hate that and I am sure he is crushed, but he will be back. Soon I hope. He is a workman. Hate those knee injuries. These young men have long lives ahead. Need their knees! Get well Chris. Roll Tide!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Another sad reminder of how much of themselves these players put on the line to be a part of the team. He must be really discouraged...lets hope he can come back next year and still have an NFL payday ahead.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
They should encase all the linebackers in bubble wrap until we kickoff against Louisville. The attrition the last couple of years is ridiculous.

Edit: Why would anyone vote this to be an excellent thread!?!

Last edited:

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I imagine it is a very delicate balance between handling your players and scrimmages with kid gloves, and then being unprepared and getting hurt in games. If you think of injuries as statistically unavoidable, then you kind of get to pick your poison - practice hard and play prepared, or practice soft and play vulnerable. Presumably coaches have really great stats on all that, and we choose to practice hard.

But man my heart sank when I read the OP - I couldn't bring myself to believe it until I watched the presser.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.