Butler is granted a release and will sign (transfer?) to Baylor
    BamaNation All-American

Butler is granted a release and will sign with Baylor

Last edited by imauafan; August 19th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: Butler is granted a release and will sign with Baylor

Now, I wonder if we go get one more players or leave scholarship open for next year.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Now, I wonder if we go get one more players or leave scholarship open for next year.
    I don't think there is a scholly open, Lewis took the one that Butler is not going to use so counting AJjr we are at 13 scholarships.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

All this 11th hour shifting around is bizarre. I have no clue what is going on. Is this Butler thinking his spot on the team is pretty much lost to Lewis? Is this Coach Johnson encouraging Butler to go?

Oh yeah, how's Bama recruiting ranking for 2018 now? (I really don't care; just something that comes up...)

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    All this 11th hour shifting around is bizarre. I have no clue what is going on. Is this Butler thinking his spot on the team is pretty much lost to Lewis? Is this Coach Johnson encouraging Butler to go?

Oh yeah, how's Bama recruiting ranking for 2018 now? (I really don't care; just something that comes up...)
    The rumor has been out there for awhile that Butler has some type of healthy/injury issue and our team physicians wouldn't clear him to play. It remains to be seen if he is cleared to play by Baylor.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    The rumor has been out there for awhile that Butler has some type of healthy/injury issue and our team physicians wouldn't clear him to play. It remains to be seen if he is cleared to play by Baylor.
    Best to the kid, was looking forward to seeing him on the team. I'm hoping whatever the rumored health issue is is not heart-releated ... definitely not something to play around with no pun intended.

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Re: Butler is granted a release and will sign (transfer?) to Baylor

Bummer, was looking forward to seeing this kid. Hope he doesn’t have future health issues

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I had heard about the health issue but have no idea on whether it would linger. Hope it goes well for Butler.

Are there any point guards recruits on the horizon? (I know some guards can usually play multiple roles but wondering about any that are known to have
    elite ball handling and passing skills.)

BamaNation Third Team

Re: Butler is granted a release and will sign (transfer?) to Baylor

Well, all the best

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    I had heard about the health issue but have no idea on whether it would linger. Hope it goes well for Butler.

Are there any point guards recruits on the horizon? (I know some guards can usually play multiple roles but wondering about any that are known to have
    elite ball handling and passing skills.)
    That is a very good question because it seems like the only PG we were going after in the 2019 class was Lewis. I was excited to have Butler and Lewis on this team because you could sub one talented PG with another or play both at the same time as either one could play SG as well as PG. Now Lewis will have to be ready to go from the start and next year signing another PG just became a very high priority.