Butler is granted a release and will sign (transfer?) to Baylor

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: Butler is granted a release and will sign with Baylor

All this 11th hour shifting around is bizarre. I have no clue what is going on. Is this Butler thinking his spot on the team is pretty much lost to Lewis? Is this Coach Johnson encouraging Butler to go?

Oh yeah, how's Bama recruiting ranking for 2018 now? (I really don't care; just something that comes up...)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

All this 11th hour shifting around is bizarre. I have no clue what is going on. Is this Butler thinking his spot on the team is pretty much lost to Lewis? Is this Coach Johnson encouraging Butler to go?

Oh yeah, how's Bama recruiting ranking for 2018 now? (I really don't care; just something that comes up...)
The rumor has been out there for awhile that Butler has some type of healthy/injury issue and our team physicians wouldn't clear him to play. It remains to be seen if he is cleared to play by Baylor.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

The rumor has been out there for awhile that Butler has some type of healthy/injury issue and our team physicians wouldn't clear him to play. It remains to be seen if he is cleared to play by Baylor.
Best to the kid, was looking forward to seeing him on the team. I'm hoping whatever the rumored health issue is is not heart-releated ... definitely not something to play around with no pun intended.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

I had heard about the health issue but have no idea on whether it would linger. Hope it goes well for Butler.

Are there any point guards recruits on the horizon? (I know some guards can usually play multiple roles but wondering about any that are known to have
elite ball handling and passing skills.)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I had heard about the health issue but have no idea on whether it would linger. Hope it goes well for Butler.

Are there any point guards recruits on the horizon? (I know some guards can usually play multiple roles but wondering about any that are known to have
elite ball handling and passing skills.)
That is a very good question because it seems like the only PG we were going after in the 2019 class was Lewis. I was excited to have Butler and Lewis on this team because you could sub one talented PG with another or play both at the same time as either one could play SG as well as PG. Now Lewis will have to be ready to go from the start and next year signing another PG just became a very high priority.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I had heard there was a medical issue at Bama. Was that the case or were we making room for Kira? This whole situation seems odd.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.