News Article: Anonymous Coach Accuses Saban of cheating

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Until somebody proves it (I'm not naive enough to think there isn't at least something going on at every program) I'll label it sour grapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
This “anonymous” coach is one of those mediocre people that CNS talks about that doesn’t like high achievers [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
No specific accusation. Just that we've had the #1 class for a bunch of years in a row, and therefore Saban cheats.

That's it?

If you're going to accuse Saban of cheating, come with some specific allegations. If you don't have any, keep your mouth shut unless and until you do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Something like that should never make it past the editors without evidence.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Without context, it's difficult to interpret if this anonymous coach is being sarcastic here or genuinely thinks Saban is playing unfairly.
This is a good point. Maybe the coach was saying this sarcastically as in it is just not fair (i.e. cheating) to have more talent than the other teams. Who knows?

I was glad to read that this wasn't anything specific. Bad memories from a while back...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
From his much publicised reaction (actually non-reaction) to Tua's winning play in the CFPNCG and his own AD's criticism of his recruiting, my guess would be Mike Gundy.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I saw this earlier and thought about starting a thread about it but then I realized the guy isn’t even accusing him of anything. This shouldn’t have even been published online. “Journalism” these days...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.