The Bronze Bomber (Deontay Wilder) speaks to the team

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
It is video like this that proves to me that I don't want to get into the ring with a professional for any amount of money. Watching the energy go through his head is unbelievable.
I remember years ago when Muhammad Ali was on the Tonight Show and Johnny Carson said for $1 million (1970's money), he'd get in the ring with Ali. Ali: "But who would we send the check to?"

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I remember years ago when Muhammad Ali was on the Tonight Show and Johnny Carson said for $1 million (1970's money), he'd get in the ring with Ali. Ali: "But who would we send the check to?"
Exactly, I would hear all kind of people talk about getting in the ring with Mike Tyson, but Tyson said one time his goal was knocking their nose through the brain of his opponent. That is brutal.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Dude's just a BEAST when he senses he has you. A bulldog with heavy hands..
It was fun to watch. Ruiz went into cold fury mode after he got knocked down early in the third. Ruiz answered, and Joshua was done after he got his clock cleaned in the same round. Shaky legs, eyes saying "NO MAS!" all fight after that, and Ruiz showed us all that Hearn has been protecting fools gold.

The heavyweight division had what we thought were three great fighters. Turns out it's basically Wilder and Fury. Joshua ain't on that level.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The heavyweight division had what we thought were three great fighters. Turns out it's basically Wilder and Fury. Joshua ain't on that level.
Yah, Ruiz always has a puncher's chance, but I can't see him standing up to Wilder. Wilder is essentially a bigger, better Ruiz. A more refined pugilist, but with amazing power and reach.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Yah, Ruiz always has a puncher's chance, but I can't see him standing up to Wilder. Wilder is essentially a bigger, better Ruiz. A more refined pugilist, but with amazing power and reach.
I used to think Wilder a one trick pony. Devastating right hand, not much else.

Since he beat Stiverne for the WBC title, I have changed my opinion. Not just a great hitter, a great boxer. Fury is the only one that surpasses him in that regard.

Yeah, he’ll still go into “full ham, wind up, windmill” mode, but he’s very selective when he does it, and only does it when he knows his opponent is hurt and it will close out the fight.

The greatest pleasure I take from last night, besides the overwhelming underdog getting a much deserved win, is that Hearn has been put in his place. He was protecting fool’s gold. Joshua has lived off the reputation he got from beating an aging Wlad Klitschko for too long, and there’s a good reason Hearn would not have him fight outside of the UK.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Last night showed that Joshua was not what they wanted him to be and that Wilder is the best.

Wilder is still learning too, he's learning the straight and short punches are what knocked Fury down instead of the wind mills, and you can tell he's trusting himself more and more with that. He has always had the strength but he's learning how to fox which is different. Got to hope he doesn't mess around with Ortiz like in the first fight.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I particularly liked when Ruiz threw his fists in the air just before the ref called the fight - he knew Joshua was done.
He was. It was over to anyone that knows what they’re seeing in a high level fight, novices too. A good and correct stoppage by the ref.

All the ref did was keep Joshua from having his head caved in. He’d been glass-eyed for a while, and those two quick knockdowns - spitting his mouthpiece after the second - would have been quickly followed by a third. Staggered, charitable to call his defense “half-hearted,” and was taking hard shot after hard shot.

And he wasn’t following the refs instructions after the knockdown. He tried to take a break -and the ref told him as much - chilling on the ropes rather than follow instruction, and obviously did not want to be there.

I’m a huge Ruiz fan now.

And, once again, and while I hate it for AJ, I’m so happy that Hearn got the wind sucked out of his sails. He had potential 8 figure matchups with Wilder and Fury in the bag, but delayed too long to maximize the potential profit, and ended up looking like a fool as a result. Probably the worst thing about the sport right now. Pac-Mayweather sucked when it finally happened.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.