Elizabeth Warren and Anti-Corruption - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Elizabeth Warren and Anti-Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Codetermination (the thing you don't like in the first bill) is pretty common outside the U.S. In Germany, for instance, most large companies have two boards: one executive board with the CEO and other senior executives. They also have a supervisory board that represents a 50/50 split between shareholder representatives and worker representatives. Data generally shows that this setup slightly lowers shareholder returns, but increases worker productivity and wages (LINK). Both this and the timed restriction on stock sales by outgoing executives are meant to limit the incentives for companies to bleed their workers for the benefit of stock price.
    If you want a business that is partially run by the employees then start one. There is no need to step into a business that has been run a certain way for decades and tell them how to run it now.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    "we got trump because we didn't support bernie"

purity pony nonsense.
    Your opinion, man. Refuted by data (polls) you have repeatedly refused to accept because they said something you didnít like.
    Youíre more like Trumpers in certain ways than you care to admit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

"we got trump because we didn't support bernie"

purity pony nonsense.
    You got Trump because progressives werenít swallowing the Hillary the DNC was illegitimately trying to shove down their throats. Call it whatever makes you feel better.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Your opinion, man. Refuted by data (polls) you have repeatedly refused to accept because they said something you didn’t like.
    You’re more like Trumpers in certain ways than you care to admit.
    polls are not elections. he had a chance to win and didn’t. you can project whatever you want onto that.
    Last edited by 92tide; January 4th, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    There is no need to step into a business that has been run a certain way for decades and tell them how to run it now.
    It literally happens all the time, and this excuse could be used to sustain all kinds of terrible practices.

If you don't like workers getting their fingers sliced off by factory machines and ground into hot dog meat, go start your own; there is no need to step into a business that has been run a certain way for decades and tell them how to run it now.

If you don't like the poor refrigeration units in which we store our raw hamburger meat, go start your own; there is no need to step into a business that has been run a certain way for decades and tell them how to run it now.

etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    You got Trump because progressives weren’t swallowing the Hillary the DNC was illegitimately trying to shove down their throats. Call it whatever makes you feel better.

nobody was shoving anyone down anyone's throat, tons of progressives willingly and happily voted for hillary. the mere reality of being the party's favored/preferred candidate in a race is not ipso fact bad.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    It literally happens all the time, and this excuse could be used to sustain all kinds of terrible practices.

If you don't like workers getting their fingers sliced off by factory machines and ground into hot dog meat, go start your own; there is no need to step into a business that has been run a certain way for decades and tell them how to run it now.

If you don't like the poor refrigeration units in which we store our raw hamburger meat, go start your own; there is no need to step into a business that has been run a certain way for decades and tell them how to run it now.

etc. etc.
    Health and worker safety concerns have been brought up and resolved for decades. This is not the same.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Health and worker safety concerns have been brought up and resolved for decades. This is not the same.
    Eh, one could easily argue that fair wages relate directly with worker health, but I'll grant you that they're different enough on face value.

The US actually had something similar to the EU's worker council back in the early 1900s. We called them "employee representation plans," "company unions," or somesuch moniker. Congress outlawed them in 1935 when it passed the National Labor Relations Act, and US labor bargaining shifted toward independent unions.

So back to my point: this happens all the time, and there is plenty of precedence for the type of organizational shift being proposed. Some of the strongest capitalist economies in the world use codetermination, so it's a bit silly to call this an anti-capitalist concept.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

nobody was shoving anyone down anyone's throat, tons of progressives willingly and happily voted for hillary. the mere reality of being the party's favored/preferred candidate in a race is not ipso fact bad.
    Please. DNC admitted they picked their candidate and that they had every right to do so, regardless of what the primary voters wanted.
    Denial is not a river in Africa. The fact you continue to deny what they admitted in court is different from accusing Trumpers of denying reality how, exactly?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

This is interesting.

https://apple.news/AwMKiX-OfTm-hrwrNl23n6w

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Please. DNC admitted they picked their candidate and that they had every right to do so, regardless of what the primary voters wanted.
    Denial is not a river in Africa. The fact you continue to deny what they admitted in court is different from accusing Trumpers of denying reality how, exactly?

an "outsider" who is going to shake things up complaining that the "insiders" didn't treat him right ...

i never got any direction from the dnc forcing me to vote for hillary. if bernie or any other independent wants to be taken seriously by the democrats as a democratic canidate, he should have become one and worked with the party. he may have had a shot at winning more votes and potentially the primary. although he would have been destroyed in the general.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

an "outsider" who is going to shake things up complaining that the "insiders" didn't treat him right ...

i never got any direction from the dnc forcing me to vote for hillary. if bernie or any other independent wants to be taken seriously by the democrats as a democratic canidate, he should have become one and worked with the party. he may have had a shot at winning more votes and potentially the primary. although he would have been destroyed in the general.
    Nebraska just did the right thing in getting rid of the caucus and going back to a primary.

Why? Because many people didn't understand the caucus process(hell, I live with an expat Argentine, and even I couldn't explain it to her nor her compatriots), the caucus system is rigged to benefit the loyalists of one candidate or another.....not the rank and file party members, who prefer to vote at the polls. Because most people don't understand caucus rules, etc, they stay home rather than go to the circus.

So to say that the primary system was rigged, and not take into account the woefully-undemocratic caucus system is curious to say the least.

I participated in the 2008 NE caucus and my take from it was an organized riot/chaos. People shouting down each other, almost bullying for one candidate or the other. That's not what I call a representative take on the electorate. (Mind you, my candidate..Obama....benefited from the caucus system.)