What is your favorite item of your Alabama sports memorabilia?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I have a Coach Bryant signed picture to me.
A signed EJ Junior copy of his resume (I used to manage the kinko's in Mobile and EJ came in to get copies made during Senior Bowl week - he signed one for me before he left)
Signed Teague strip picture
Ball signed by CJ, TJ and Amari

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I have a picture of me and my family in front of the Rose Bowl from right before the 2009 Championship game.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
When I was a young boy back in the late 60's I guess, my mom worked at Farm Bureau in Montgomery. Once they had a BBQ cook-off between CPB and Shug Jordan for publicity, the contest was a draw, but my mom took a picture of the two coaches wearing aprons and later gave it to me. Kids do stupid stuff, I didn't know what I had and have no idea where it is anymore. I also had a Bart Starr signed football that he signed for me when he open a restaurant also in Montgomery, that was lost too. I should have never been allowed to have those things at 9-10 years old.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
On a pure personal note, a game worn visitors batting helmet signed by a good friends son. The team went through a lot thanks to Coach Goff.

For a pure smart butt reason, Photo signed by Sunseri on his INT return VS aTm. Also signed by Saban. Manziel on the ground after his failed tackle is priceless being married to an aggie.

A team signed 17 helmet, ball signed by Tua and Saban, framed signed photo’s of Tua holding the trophy and one of Smith’s catch are my newest favorites.

The weirdest is probably a signed Ingram shoe in a shadow box.

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
In a few months after I got back from Vietnam in 69, my dad had a stroke that left him paralyzed on one side. My dad and I went to a few games every year so my mom wrote Coach Bryant a letter explaining what happened and asked him for an autographed picture.
Coach Bryant sent back a permanent signed practice pass with a signed letter to my dad thanking him for supporting the Tide.
It made my dad so happy and it taught me a little about Coach Bryant too. I don't have a Bama room in my house but it is proudly displayed in the den.
That's the definition of a class act.

popems

Aug 9, 2016
1958 Mahout magazine, campus magazine I believe. The cover has a picture of Coach Bryant and a bear merged together and the featured story states "Uphill Struggle All The Way". I smile every time I look at it.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
Well, I have three. 1) At a book signing by Coach Bryant I asked him to write something for my son, who I had in my arms at the time. A young lady who was handling the table where Coach Bryant started with "He just not have time to write..." Coach placed his hand on the table in front of her, she stopped. "What would you like for me to put in the book." he said. My son has that book and he works for the UofA. 2) For Christmas last year my son gave me a one of a kind photo of Coach Bryant and Johnny Musso. Johnny autographed it to me. 3) A short time after CNS came to the UofA I got a autographed picture to me from Coach Saban.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Daniel Moore painting "The Sack". Long story short, I was in the market for a bass boat around 1997 and found a Ranger in the Bham news that caught my attention. Went to look at it and it belonged to Mr. Moore himself. Told me if I bought the boat he would give me the painting and autograph it. The boat and the painting went home with me.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

Fan pack from 78-79 includes NC license plate, bumper sticker, schedule card still in the cellophane pack. 48x48 oil painting I had done which I put up on the angled portion of the BAMA room wall, appropriately looking down at all. A 73 football autographed by the Coaches and Players, but it's the back story of this one(like a previous post) that makes it truly special. A former business from the 80's, Andy Gibson, had been a high school coach in Alabama, however he was an MSU grad. I met him in Jackson, Ms, where I had moved one week before the 3-6 game which was played there. Needless to say that was not the perfect time for a BAMA fan to move to Jackson, and a rivalry friendship began. After a few years, he shared that his daughter had died of leukemia, and that he had something he would like to give me. Prior to her death, she asked him to get her something autographed by Coach Bryant. Andy contacted the Athletic Dept, and shortly thereafter an autographed football was hand delivered. My recollection of what Andy told me was that Coach Bryant delivered it personally. She passed away shortly thereafter, and Andy said that still after 10 years, when he saw the ball, it brought back more pain than joy. He offered it to me because he knew I would cherish it. His only stipulation was that if I ever sold it I would donate the money to Leukemia research, and that is what will happen.
I can't edit these photos and for some reason it posts them sideways.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Still the greatest play from a physical standpoint I've ever seen.
I showed the video to a friend of mine that has just discovered college football. He said it almost looked fake. Like someone took the video and slowed everyone else down and put Teague in fast forward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.