LSU guard Ed Ingram was arrested on sexual assault counts involving minor, police say

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Uh-oh...

Suspended LSU offensive lineman Ed Ingram was arrested on two counts of aggravated sexual assault in Dallas County on Aug. 2, the Dallas County Sheriff's Department told The Advocate. The arrest came the day before the Tigers' preseason camp began.

LSU Athletics Department officials confirmed they were notified of Ingram's arrest Aug. 2 and that the alleged incident occurred before his time at LSU.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_50bb26bc-a3dd-11e8-a1c8-df0479c67ca8.html

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I don't know what's going on in Baton Rouge, but local news outlets are already reporting that LSU just had a players only meeting. We haven't even started the season yet, so are they already falling apart?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Not to defend anyone but this story is light on details. You guys know this could be something consensual with some ex high school girlfriend that was 16 when he was 18? I will withhold judgement until there are more facts released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not to defend anyone but this story is light on details. You guys know this could be something consensual with some ex high school girlfriend that was 16 when he was 18? I will withhold judgement until there are more facts released.
I agree - the fact that he has only been suspended makes me think that it might not be as cut and dried as the headlines make it appear. No idea, so best to wait for more information.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Two thoughts:

First, I'm shocked....Shocked, I tell you that a member of the fifth estate would publish something like this without more facts. Sadly, that's the state of what passes for journalism today.

Second, let's forget football for a second. Arrest is one thing, charges and indictment are another. And yes, I know the old saw about the ham sandwich. But honest question here: Suppose it does progress to indictment. What is the school's policy around a student, scholarshipped athlete or not, being indicted for sexual assault of a minor?

Can anybody facing that level of legal difficulty be allowed to attend class? Take online classes?

Does the nature of the felony charges matter -- as in sexual assault of a minor gets you booted from school until such time as the issue is resolved, but if it's assault arising from a barroom brawl, you get to stay unless and until you're a guest of the Graybar Motel?

What if you killed somebody, and the discussion is over whether it was self-defense or some form of murder?

The permutations are endless, but the fundamental question is, "How bad does your legal trouble have to be before most state universities won't allow you to take classes?"

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I agree about not passing judgement, but I'm guessing the fact that it was aggravated sexual assault would likely exclude it being consensual.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree about not passing judgement, but I'm guessing the fact that it was aggravated sexual assault would likely exclude it being consensual.
Not necessarily - in some states, just his enormous size could alter any charge for sexual assault into aggravated sexual assault. Essentially, his size makes the victim feel threatened, even if there was no threat. Best to wait for more information.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Two thoughts:

First, I'm shocked....Shocked, I tell you that a member of the fifth estate would publish something like this without more facts. Sadly, that's the state of what passes for journalism today.

Second, let's forget football for a second. Arrest is one thing, charges and indictment are another. And yes, I know the old saw about the ham sandwich. But honest question here: Suppose it does progress to indictment. What is the school's policy around a student, scholarshipped athlete or not, being indicted for sexual assault of a minor?

Can anybody facing that level of legal difficulty be allowed to attend class? Take online classes?

Does the nature of the felony charges matter -- as in sexual assault of a minor gets you booted from school until such time as the issue is resolved, but if it's assault arising from a barroom brawl, you get to stay unless and until you're a guest of the Graybar Motel?

What if you killed somebody, and the discussion is over whether it was self-defense or some form of murder?

The permutations are endless, but the fundamental question is, "How bad does your legal trouble have to be before most state universities won't allow you to take classes?"
Arrests reports are news.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Another article I read about it stated that he also was a minor at the time of the alleged sexual assaults. Presumably 17? A pretty long gap from occurrence to charge.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Daddies don't like it when you diddle their daughters.

Hopefully, it's simply an age issue with her being 16 or something and them being boy friend/girl friend.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
There is so much unanswered here. Just how old is the girl (I am actually assuming girl here)? Did the girl file the report or did the parents?
We can play the assumptions game all day. Like you said, there's so much unanswered here it's hard to really jump to conclusions. Again, hopefully it's nothing more than boyfriend/girlfriend/disgruntled parent(s) and everything gets dropped.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My understanding is that 16 is the age of consent, at least here in Alabama. I was thinking the girl would have to be 15 for the authorities to get involved.

My thinking is that young people will fool around with people who are within three to five years of their own age and I don't know how someone could realistically expect that not to happen.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Some reporter from La. was all down on Ogre yesterday on Finebomb. What was he so upset with Ogre about? Ogre failed to rant and rave against harassment and rape. I got news for that reporter and it is NOT OGRE'S job to get on the soap box for any social or criminal issue. No, it is not his job description to take sides in Anthems or Protests or Abortion or Gay Marriage. He suspended the guy. That is his job.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Some reporter from La. was all down on Ogre yesterday on Finebomb. What was he so upset with Ogre about? Ogre failed to rant and rave against harassment and rape. I got news for that reporter and it is NOT OGRE'S job to get on the soap box for any social or criminal issue. No, it is not his job description to take sides in Anthems or Protests or Abortion or Gay Marriage. He suspended the guy. That is his job.
If you are not for the #metoo movement, you are against it. So says the mob.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.