End zone seats - a worthy perspective or ?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So, my dad and I are continuing our SEC stadium tour and this year we've decided to hit Alabama for a game. I've always purchased seats in the upper west deck between the 40s, but have often wondered if the alternate perspective from the end zones would be a fun alternative. As football geeks, I think seeing the different alignments and watching the plays unfold from the EZ would be fun, but I wonder if that perspective gets tiring over the course of the game, as first down yardage (and even some plays) are likely very difficult to judge.

Would love thought from anyone who has (or has sat in) EZ seats at BDS - cost isn't the issue, I'm just curious as to whether the alternate perspective s fun or if the more 'standard' 50 yard line view would generally be preferable.

Any help is appreciated, TIA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: End zone seats - a worthy perspective or?

Love sitting in the EZ. I like being able to see the plays develop and have more of an "All 22" view.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If cost is not an issue, get South Zone tickets.
I sat in the South Zone seats for the spring game and it was awesome. I have North Zone tickets for the Ark St game this year.

ETA - I would be careful not to sit too low if you get end zone tickets or the view when the team is on the opposite side of the field would be poor.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I enjoyed sitting in the EZ for a few games in the early years of CNS. You also get better views of TDs and such if you are on the right side of the field. I'll actually be going to a preseason game Friday and will be sitting in the endzone for that game (granted its clearly not at BDS).

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

I sit in the Zone for A Day every year (The amenities are OUTSTANDING!!!)...It's perfect for that. Regular season, you need to be more in the mix. JMO...RTR!!!
Why South? I'm guessing because it's above the student section?

Last edited:

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN

Being that I get disability seats in North Upper Deck I really enjoy the view from that perspective. You really get to see the plays develop.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I was in the end zone for a Florida game back in the 90s (98 I believe where Zow nearly led the comeback after coming in the game in the 2nd quarter). I definitely enjoyed it even though it's not my favorite place to sit. When the ball is on the far side of the field it's obviously a bit muted on the fun - for me at least, but the improved screen options should make that less of a hassle nowadays.

It was nice being in the endzone that we were driving towards at the end of the game trying to take the lead. But that obviously is going to be a 50/50 situation, lol.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
So, my dad and I are continuing our SEC stadium tour and this year we've decided to hit Alabama for a game. I've always purchased seats in the upper west deck between the 40s, but have often wondered if the alternate perspective from the end zones would be a fun alternative. As football geeks, I think seeing the different alignments and watching the plays unfold from the EZ would be fun, but I wonder if that perspective gets tiring over the course of the game, as first down yardage (and even some plays) are likely very difficult to judge.

Would love thought from anyone who has (or has sat in) EZ seats at BDS - cost isn't the issue, I'm just curious as to whether the alternate perspective s fun or if the more 'standard' 50 yard line view would generally be preferable.

Any help is appreciated, TIA.
Years ago I attended a game at Legion Field. We sat in the End Zone. As luck would have it most of the games exciting moments were in our endzone. (Could have gone the other way)
Like you, I prefer to sit inside the 40s.
But...
End Zone seats that aren't in the Nosebleed Section can be pretty good.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
My guess - having sat in the high south end zone for 12 Auburn and 14 Florida - is that north end zone you’d be facing the sun more. South it’s behind you.
This ^^^. For afternoon games, especially in late fall when the sun is low, you need solar eclipse glasses to look at the field from the north end.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My guess - having sat in the high south end zone for 12 Auburn and 14 Florida - is that north end zone you’d be facing the sun more. South it’s behind you.
Either way you are going to be in direct sunlight during day games. The seats have no cover. But there are chair backs, and you can step inside for a cool drink any time. And the North Zone allows you to watch the players enter the stadium up the walk of champions from the rails - looking forward to seeing that in a few weeks.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Years ago I attended a game at Legion Field. We sat in the End Zone. As luck would have it most of the games exciting moments were in our endzone. (Could have gone the other way)
Like you, I prefer to sit inside the 40s.
But...
End Zone seats that aren't in the Nosebleed Section can be pretty good.
Yeah. I have sat on wooden end zone seats in Denny and Legion Field. You can probably guess how long ago that was.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Either way you are going to be in direct sunlight during day games. The seats have no cover. But there are chair backs, and you can step inside for a cool drink any time. And the North Zone allows you to watch the players enter the stadium up the walk of champions from the rails - looking forward to seeing that in a few weeks.
Yes, but there's a difference between being under it and looking right into it.

This is not so much a problem early in the year, but it can be for the late season games when the sun sets earlier.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
When my son was there, we came up for a few family weekends. Those tickets were always in the end zone. We were usually in the middle but one time were in the next to the top row. That one is up there. You do get a unique perspective of the plays. You also get a unique perspective when you see two F-16's and a large tanker jet coming right at you, and you aren't sure if they will clear the cranes working on the other end zone. (they did, but they were low flying that day).

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Depends on how high up the seats are. If they are really way up, save your money, go to a restaurant or bar, watch it on tv and drink a beverage of your choice. Like Bill said the higher up you are there is zero protection from the sun.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Most of the games I've attended (and that's quite a few since 1988) have been from the endzone. Before any of the renovations to BDS, I sat in the wheelchair seats on the front row of the endzone. That's too low to see what's going on on the other side of the field, but pretty awesome when the action is your way. Since the current configuration of BDS, I've sat in the first few rows of the upper deck endzone. You can see much further down the field when the action is on the other end. Not bad at all.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I've been sitting in the North EZ since 2009, and I like the perspective. You can really see plays develop. I lose perspective once they get inside the opposite 20, but we got TV ! I don't think I'd swap for sideline views at this point.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.