What was your toughest, hardest, most depressing, gut-wrenching loss to take?

tidegrandpa

All-American
Wasn't actually a loss but: Alabama and Tennessee were tied 7-7 in 1965. Clock running down, Bama driving. Stabler got us down to around the four yard line with a few seconds left and quickly threw the ball out of bounds to stop the clock and set up a David Ray chip shot to win the game. However, in the mad scramble during the last drive, Snake forgot which down it was, threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down (thinking it was 3rd down), and TN took over the ball. I still think about that tie and how it sure felt like a horrible loss.
( IIRC that might have been the game CPB had an officer shoot the lock off of the locker room door which was still locked as the team arrived)
Big scoreboard over end zone still said 3rd down.
Stabler told Bham news reporter thats what he looked at. I was at game, broke my heart.
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Easy- forget the year (I'm sure y'all will remind me) but Payton Manning beats the crap out of us and leads their band in Rocky Top in the section next to me. I can't stand him to this day...
1995. Their first win over Alabama since the 1985 season. We did not get cable back then so we went to my uncle's house to watch the game. Just awful.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Boston College 1984. Even sadder seeing how Kerry Goode is today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.