Beto O'Rourke - TX Senate candidate

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
They admit it came from them, just that it wasn't authorized (ya, no kidding).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They said they're looking into how it was sent. Phone numbers and such can be spoofed. Scammers have been making good use of that in Montgomery calling from Max Federal Credit Union's numbers and getting people's bank info. Or it could just be a simple matter of someone getting access to their system with bad intentions.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
They said they're looking into how it was sent. Phone numbers and such can be spoofed. Scammers have been making good use of that in Montgomery calling from Max Federal Credit Union's numbers and getting people's bank info. Or it could just be a simple matter of someone getting access to their system with bad intentions.
Hence the "Reeks of sabotage" right after the link. I think it's some sort of mass dialer though, which brings images of Tom Cruise crawling through ventilation shafts and such to get to it.

I bet he and Cruz just put security in place around that stuff in their headquarters.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Hence the "Reeks of sabotage" right after the link. I think it's some sort of mass dialer though, which brings images of Tom Cruise crawling through ventilation shafts and such to get to it.

I bet he and Cruz just put security in place around that stuff in their headquarters.
I saw the reeks of sabotage part, I was more responding to the post that they admitted it came from them because it didn't seem like they had admitted that exactly as they were still investigating unless I skimmed over that part in the article.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I saw the reeks of sabotage part, I was more responding to the post that they admitted it came from them because it didn't seem like they had admitted that exactly as they were still investigating unless I skimmed over that part in the article.
Screenshots of the text messages circulated on social media on Wednesday. Mr. O’Rourke’s campaign confirmed that the messages came from the campaign’s systems, but a campaign spokesman, Chris Evans, blamed them on an “impostor.”

Third to fourth paragraph in the link. Not familiar with how that stuff works, but it seems like you'd need to be there to do it.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Screenshots of the text messages circulated on social media on Wednesday. Mr. O’Rourke’s campaign confirmed that the messages came from the campaign’s systems, but a campaign spokesman, Chris Evans, blamed them on an “impostor.”

Third to fourth paragraph in the link. Not familiar with how that stuff works, but it seems like you'd need to be there to do it.
I skimmed past that part, thanks.

If it's a computer based system it could be accessed remotely by someone that knows what they're doing or just signed up to do this specifically. I believe some of these campaigns do have systems up where volunteers can log in to a computer system to do text message campaigning. I've seen it mentioned on reddit.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I skimmed past that part, thanks.

If it's a computer based system it could be accessed remotely by someone that knows what they're doing or just signed up to do this specifically. I believe some of these campaigns do have systems up where volunteers can log in to a computer system to do text message campaigning. I've seen it mentioned on reddit.
Remote access would require permission from the host and network ID, right? If they did it without that we are talking some experience in hacking I imagine.

I bet the computers aren't left alone anymore at either headquarters, what you think?

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Remote access would require permission from the host and network ID, right? If they did it without that we are talking some experience in hacking I imagine.

I bet the computers aren't left alone anymore at either headquarters, what you think?
If I had to guess I would say remote volunteers are given some kind of ID and logon. Not sure how well they'll be able to track whether the person gave them correct contact information or not although you would think there would be some kind of vetting process before giving people access to that system. They generally will have a script they're supposed to follow.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There's a film clip of Beto riding a skateboard a month or two ago, he had really mastered riding one. Totally cool in my opinion.

Teddie's tat poster complete with muscled up chest, posted upstream, is so ridiculous I'm almost speechless. Tough Teddie has gone from calling Trump a sniveling coward to begging Trump to campaign for him. If that's an example of "Texas tough" put me down as unimpressed.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If I had to guess I would say remote volunteers are given some kind of ID and logon. Not sure how well they'll be able to track whether the person gave them correct contact information or not although you would think there would be some kind of vetting process before giving people access to that system. They generally will have a script they're supposed to follow.
I recently got a robo call about credit card debt, although I don't use one and have no debt. I tried calling back the number where the call came from, but a local resident answered and explained telemarketers had hijacked her phone number and was using it to make these annoying calls.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
One fan said singers should stay out of politics. I wonder if they would feel the same way if Willie walked on stage wearing a MAGA hat?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.