Beto O'Rourke - TX Senate candidate

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Could be.

Or many of us who are not Bernie Sanders free-stuffers and M.A.G.A. xenophobes will find a place in the middle.

Right now, all the noise is coming from either parts, and a lot of us aren't buying it.
I've given up on the federal government at this point. Corruption and plutocracy have ruined the American dream. Beto and Cruz are both establishment candidates imho no matter how "grass roots" Beto wants to spin it. He's got money pouring in from CA & NY too.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I've given up on the federal government at this point. Corruption and plutocracy have ruined the American dream. Beto and Cruz are both establishment candidates imho no matter how "grass roots" Beto wants to spin it. He's got money pouring in from CA & NY too.
All Cruz needs is for Bernie Sanders to fly in and do some speeches for O'Rourke.

It's worked well for far-left candidates so far. Not. ;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Cruz was never as "in trouble" as the media narrative insisted. It's not that he's overly popular here (he's not).

But I've lived through enough of these "this is the Democrat who can change Texas" to know it's pretty much a colossal pile of crap. It's as ridiculous as thinking a guy who got elected governor of Mass (Mitt Romney) was any kind of a conservative at all.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Cruz was never as "in trouble" as the media narrative insisted. It's not that he's overly popular here (he's not).

But I've lived through enough of these "this is the Democrat who can change Texas" to know it's pretty much a colossal pile of crap. It's as ridiculous as thinking a guy who got elected governor of Mass (Mitt Romney) was any kind of a conservative at all.

I voted against Romney because Joe Biden told me he was "gonna put y'all (black folk) back in chains."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not sure having Will Ferrell endorsing any candidate means much these days.
Not once in my life have I ever thought, "You know, I like Candidate X but (name of celebrity) is voting for Candidate Y, so I guess I should, too."

And anyone who has probably does't need to be voting anyway.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Not once in my life have I ever thought, "You know, I like Candidate X but (name of celebrity) is voting for Candidate Y, so I guess I should, too."

And anyone who has probably does't need to be voting anyway.
I think the key word there is "thought". Too many people don't nowadays. It would be really interesting if we could determine just how influential these social media superstars can be. How many 18 year olds actually will vote for a candidate just because Beyonce (or any celeb with a million followers) tweeted their support? (nothing against 18 year olds...will have one myself in a few years!)

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Had I known the GOP was going to go full retard in 2016, I would have been more in Romney's corner.
Romney governed as a centrist when he was Gov. of MA.

But the only way he could secure the nomination with the GOP was to run against just about everything he stood for in the past. And even then, not enough of the true believers bought it. He was still a "RINO" in their eyes. Same as John McCain.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Not sure having Will Ferrell endorsing any candidate means much these days.
Having any movie/tv/rock/pop/hip hop star or celebrity openly supporting anyone has no bearing on how I’ll vote; I may like them a little more/less because of it, but I’ve always had a problem with people telling me what to think (or what to do, for that matter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.