Beto O'Rourke - TX Senate candidate

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I guess it was 30 years of living in Arkansas that made Hillary Clinton joke that all blacks look alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
No I don’t that was racist at all. I wish we could have public executions.
People interpret things in different ways. If you are looking for something hard enough, and are sensitive enough to it, chances are you can find it.

I interpreted it like you did, but others may have interpreted differently. What sucks is that in today's environment, the racist label is used as a political weapon, which divides...which is exactly what the pols want

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I honestly don’t think she meant anything racist by saying that.

Landonio

Nov 16, 2018
Whites are not the only ones who are racist.
Of course not. But the racism comes from different places, and is caused by different things. I'd be willing to bet money that 99% of black people who are supposedly "racist", or happen to say or do something racist toward white people, are not doing it because they believe themselves to be superior or white people to be inferior to them.

Not to mention that non-whites (specifically males) aren't the ones with the power in this country (nor does our country have a history of black people oppressing/enslaving/etc. white people). So it's generally not really the same thing.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Of course not. But the racism comes from different places, and is caused by different things. I'd be willing to bet money that 99% of black people who are supposedly "racist", or happen to say or do something racist toward white people, are not doing it because they believe themselves to be superior or white people to be inferior to them.

Not to mention that non-whites (specifically males) aren't the ones with the power in this country (nor does our country have a history of black people oppressing/enslaving/etc. white people). So it's generally not really the same thing.
Power is not exclusive to the highest levels, nor is it limited to slavery. Power exists at many levels - in government, in the work place, in academia. People of every racial group exist in all these places. Some - not most - can't wait to abuse their authority for the benefit/detriment of a specific group. I see it all the time in government where there are countless fiefdoms. My wife has experienced it in academia and in her career, and the damage to her financially was substantial.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007

That assumes African American racism is always directed at white people. The people who beat the [edit] out of Rodolfo Rodriguez directing the racism against a Hispanic person. Same with the people who threaten to call ICE on us. They are not doing so because I am white. Or the women who make it impossible to mail letters to Brasil from the Roswell Rd post office. Or the psycho who threatened to kill my ex-wife...

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
If anyone doubts the racial sensitivity of her statement they should visit the National Memorial for Peace and Justice in Montgomery which honors the names of each of the over 4,000 African Americans lynched in the twelve states of the South from 1877 to 1950. Source Wikipedia.
I grew up in MS. I know that my grandfather was present at a lynching in S. Mississppi during the early 20th century.

For one thing I know to be true: You don't make light or joke about the subject, nor do you dog whistle anything close to it. This was deliberate on her part.....to bring out the bigot vote in full force.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I grew up in MS. I know that my grandfather was present at a lynching in S. Mississppi during the early 20th century.

For one thing I know to be true: You don't make light or joke about the subject, nor do you dog whistle anything close to it. This was deliberate on her part.....to bring out the bigot vote in full force.
it brought out support for her for sure (e.g. what she did is totally not racist ...). we'll see how that translates electorally

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
it brought out support for her for sure (e.g. what she did is totally not racist ...). we'll see how that translates electorally
In fact, it's racist to even suggest that lynchings in Mississippi have racial undertones.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Wait, Hillary is running for Senate again?
If Mitt Romney had said that, it would have been front page news.

I don’t think Smith had racist intent with her comment. I think it was in poor taste, but it didn’t have anything to do with Espy.

I also don’t think Hillary was being racist.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If Mitt Romney had said that, it would have been front page news.

I don’t think Smith had racist intent with her comment. I think it was in poor taste, but it didn’t have anything to do with Espy.

I also don’t think Hillary was being racist.

What do you think about Smith wearing the Confederate hat? Or saying (jokingly, she claims) that it would be great to suppress the youth vote?
It’s easy to see who and what she is, if one just looks.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What do you think about Smith wearing the Confederate hat? Or saying (jokingly, she claims) that it would be great to suppress the youth vote?
It’s easy to see who and what she is, if one just looks.

I have not seen her wearing a Confederate hat or read anything else she said other than the hanging comment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.