Hoover Met Double Header: Pinson Valley/Hoover and Hewitt Trussville/Cedar Grove, GA

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Tua’s brother had a nice game last night for Thompson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
He hooked his first FG try left, so he's ready to step in. Sigh.
Long story short, I know nothing about the game other than the score.

How have Reichert’s kickoffs looked? He’s certainly had plenty of opportunities to showcase his KO leg.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
First game - Hoover could probably play D3 teams and be competitive. Their QB, Ashford, looked great. Pickens is strong and fast, I see what the hype is about. Bo Nix has a very strong arm, but his footwork at times was poor causing bad throws. He's got a cannon. He seemed a little rattled out there. McCammon from Hoover looked like an SEC player to me out there, Pinson had no answer for him.

Second game so far - Tyson started quickly and hit Worsham in stride for a long TD. Many of HT's pass plays are quick screens - Worsham and Johnson both look good at receiver. Quick has played well so far, not much yet from Cheney. Haselwood is for real, playing receiver, safety and returning kicks. He ran past Malachi Moore for a long TD pass. Again, I see why he's coveted. HT sophomore RB Goodwin looks really quick.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that it is HS, but Tyson does not look like a championship QB. He needs a ton of work.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I know that it is HS, but Tyson does not look like a championship QB. He needs a ton of work.
Yea. I tend to agree but I don't watch much HS football. He has physical tools but I'm not overly impressed (granted it was one game).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just a thought about the coaching in these games.

As I said earlier, I wasn't impressed with Nix. Tried to many downfield passes when it was 3rd and short. That game was tight in the first half. Only 14-7 at the mid second quarter point. It was clear Hoover had the better quality and quanity of talent but I think Nix's prospensity to try to show case his son hurt their chances to keep that game reasonable.

Floyd's Gusbus offense for HT is frustrating to watch. It's a waste of Tysen's true talent to stand in the pocket and throw the ball down field. I believe Tysen's growth with be stunted in this offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Floyd's Gusbus offense for HT is frustrating to watch. It's a waste of Tysen's true talent to stand in the pocket and throw the ball down field. I believe Tysen's growth with be stunted in this offense.
I hate the offense - he would be better in Hoover's offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Game ends with two horrible passes by Tyson. If HT had just a tiny bit of talent on special teams, they win this game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Cheney spent some time in the HT backfield in the 2nd half. He has a quick first step at times. Tyson was inconsistent. That last throw was rushed by Cheney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.