Hoover Met Double Header: Pinson Valley/Hoover and Hewitt Trussville/Cedar Grove, GA

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
Tysen to Worsham for a TD.

I know we got Taulia, but Tysen didn't get a scholly to Bama because of his great-grand daddy. Kid has talent and, so far, what I see is pin-point accuracy.
I remember when Coach Bryant's grandson played QB at THE Montgomery Academy. When they started to beat my school, the rumor quickly started that The Bear was in the press box doing the coaching. That's probably a serious no-no with the NCAA, but we were convinced that was the only way MA could have beaten us.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I only watched the 1st quarter of the Hewitt-Trussville game and part of the 2nd. I started to see a couple of bad throws. My first quarter impression of Tyson dropped a little in the 2nd quarter but he did show arm strength on some of his sideline throws and seemed to have a decent release on his throws.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
HT has real issues with the front seven on defense and special teams it seems. Granted Cedar Grove might be a talented team, but HT’s tackling at times looked atrocious.
They are going need all the weapons they can muster on offense if that trend continues.
Hoover, on the other hand, looked like Hoover. Tons of talent, well coached, and disciplined.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
HT has real issues with the front seven on defense and special teams it seems. Granted Cedar Grove might be a talented team, but HT’s tackling at times looked atrocious.
They are going need all the weapons they can muster on offense if that trend continues.
Hoover, on the other hand, looked like Hoover. Tons of talent, well coached, and disciplined.
Think if Hoover and HT played right now the Bucs would win by 3 TDS...maybe more.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Some of the fans over here have stated that Cedar Grove is a lower ranked team in their division, and quite a few UGA fans were quite giddy that CG beat HT...........one even told me that Bama and AU's commits should be used to losing to GA boys for the next few years............they take their transitive property seriously over here................and I guess they don't mind getting tagged with 400+yards of passing

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I thought Tyson fared pretty well considering his line sucks other than Quick. Many thought HT would be a title contender this year, if they are that defense is going to need a ton of help!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hoover will beat everyone in Alabama by 2 scores or more, if healthy.
No doubt. The only team that should give them a true game is Thompson (if Taulia and crew are healthy). They are loaded as usual. Still surprised Niblett hasn't turned it into a college gig yet even though I doubt it's much different than now. Crap he makes 100k+ with perks and I doubt he even has to teach as well. Not a bad gig.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
The Goodwin kid (#2 rb) from HT could be a special player. Pretty sure that's the kid we saw at Florence last year...maybe the last 2 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.