2020 QB Robby Ashford
    BamaNation All-SEC

2020 QB Robby Ashford

He's going to go through the roof in the rankings over the next year. Bama will offer soon. His brother in law is Damion Square and his whole family went to bama. The kid looks special today against Pinson Valley on ESPN

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: 2020 QB Robby Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    He's going to go through the roof in the rankings over the next year. Bama will offer soon. His brother in law is Damion Square and his whole family went to bama. The kid looks special today against Pinson Valley on ESPN
    Interesting. ESPN commentators didn't make that connection. Already has offers from the barn, Miss. St. and one other SEC school.

He's raw, but the talent is there. Big body.

Hey Jam, what's the story on George Pickens to Auburn? Have we recruited him and do we want him? I noticed they said he's still planning to take his officials even though he's commited to Auburn. I was really impressed with him today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

They were so over-matched in that game that it was hard to tell what he was capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Interesting. ESPN commentators didn't make that connection. Already has offers from the barn, Miss. St. and one other SEC school.

He's raw, but the talent is there. Big body.

Hey Jam, what's the story on George Pickens to Auburn? Have we recruited him and do we want him? I noticed they said he's still planning to take his officials even though he's commited to Auburn. I was really impressed with him today.
    Was told this week grades are a concern with Pickens, but Alabama is in good shape to flip him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Was told this week grades are a concern with Pickens, but Alabama is in good shape to flip him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we have room for him, that would be nice and it would be a huge diappointment to the Barn.

BamaNation First Team

Love to see him at Bama.............what little info I have seen about him looks good

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

I would definitely take Pickens if he can get in. Ashford will be good but I think he'll end up at a spread school that runs a ton of RPO. He'd fit in pretty good at UF IMHO.
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

---Coach Saban to Mal Moore on the flight to Tuscaloosa after being hired

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I would definitely take Pickens if he can get in. Ashford will be good but I think he'll end up at a spread school that runs a ton of RPO. He'd fit in pretty good at UF IMHO.
    Figure Gus will be all over him...and if they get Pickens it might help them too. Kid is already 6'4" and well built. They'll bill it as the second coming of sCam N.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Figure Gus will be all over him...and if they get Pickens it might help them too. Kid is already 6'4" and well built. They'll bill it as the second coming of sCam N.
    Robby has been coming to bama games and practices since he was 5. I can't wait to see him play against St Johns this week. As someone else stated Pickens isn't has committed as people think.

BamaNation All-SEC

Robby has been coming to bama games and practices since he was 5. I can't wait to see him play against St Johns this week. As someone else stated Pickens isn't has committed as people think.
    As expected Robby struggled with St. Johns, Hoover doesn't have the players to keep up with them. St. Johns & St. Frances have two of the best high school defenses in the nation.

Hoover at Trussville last night. Stadium was rocking. Ashford and Hoover in general struggled as Trussville put on an offensive clinic to the tune of 600+. Got a bit chippy. Hoover not used to getting thrashed.

Ashford was banged up and it obviously hurt his play. 7 of 22 with 2 ints, one an awesome pick 6 on the Dline that ended with Ashford getting dragged into the endzone by a DE that would not be denied. Only thing Hoover could reliably do on offense was watch him take off when Trussville's D line lost containment.

Hoover had no answers for Trussville's offense. Tyson threw for 250 and 2 TDs. 1 to Auburn commits Ja'Variuss Johnson and the other to Bama commit Dazalin Worsham. Johnson caught 4 for 152. Worsham caught 6 for 81.

Trussville rushed for 350+, with Armoni Goodwin leading with 252. Pierce Quick was a road grader out there.

Pickens had a bad game. Had a great catch and run for a TD early, but his hands disappeared after that, with him dropping 3 pretty routine catches. Malachi Moore did a good job keeping him under wraps otherwise.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Hoover at Trussville last night. Stadium was rocking. Ashford and Hoover in general struggled as Trussville put on an offensive clinic to the tune of 600+. Got a bit chippy. Hoover not used to getting thrashed.

Ashford was banged up and it obviously hurt his play. 7 of 22 with 2 ints, one an awesome pick 6 on the Dline that ended with Ashford getting dragged into the endzone by a DE that would not be denied. Only thing Hoover could reliably do on offense was watch him take off when Trussville's D line lost containment.

Hoover had no answers for Trussville's offense. Tyson threw for 250 and 2 TDs. 1 to Auburn commits Ja'Variuss Johnson and the other to Bama commit Dazalin Worsham. Johnson caught 4 for 152. Worsham caught 6 for 81.

Trussville rushed for 350+, with Armoni Goodwin leading with 252. Pierce Quick was a road grader out there.

Pickens had a bad game. Had a great catch and run for a TD early, but his hands disappeared after that, with him dropping 3 pretty routine catches. Malachi Moore did a good job keeping him under wraps otherwise.
    Heard Quick dominated

Heard Quick dominated
    Hoover had no answer. Their line was whipped all game.
    Just a barner.
    *Slaps Taggart’s visor* You can fit so many high expectations into this bad boy