r.i.p. senator mccain

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
One of only a few real heroes in my lifetime and a great American patriot. He served his country as a Naval Aviator and U.S. Senator. with undying courage and loyalty. He epitomized that part of his oath "to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". Rest in Peace, Senator McCain.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That and pancreatic cancer, which took my mother at almost exactly my age...
That worries me, too.

We had a guy who was a 44-year old nurse upstairs. A NURSE!

Six weeks from diagnosis to death with pancreatic cancer. No time to even blink.

And, of course, he was a great guy.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I lost a good bit of respect for McCain starting with the Tea Party/Sarah Palin stuff & more recently but he still sacrificed more out of love of this country than I’ve ever been asked to & had a lot of accomplishments to be proud of. RIP.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I have noticed an interesting phenomena since his passing. Even news channels that are more democrat leaning than Republican have paid tribute and shown a certain level of respect for the man. I think his military service has something to do with it. Also I think one other important thing is fueling this. He was a Republican that stood by Republican values rather than toe the party line to support Trump. Even democrat leaning channels have seemed to gain respect for republicans as long as they hold true to ideology over party. McCain definitely stuck to his convictions more than most senators in his party.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have noticed an interesting phenomena since his passing. Even news channels that are more democrat leaning than Republican have paid tribute and shown a certain level of respect for the man. I think his military service has something to do with it. Also I think one other important thing is fueling this. He was a Republican that stood by Republican values rather than toe the party line to support Trump. Even democrat leaning channels have seemed to gain respect for republicans as long as they hold true to ideology over party. McCain definitely stuck to his convictions more than most senators in his party.
I think his telling off the woman at a campaign rally who claimed Obama was a Arab had a great deal to do with it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.