Eric Anders wins via KO - Now 11-1 in UFC

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Nice. That was close to an illegal strike and disqualification though. I don't believe you can kick an opponent in the head if he has a hand on the ground.
Not true anymore. The unified MMA rules (which Nebraska does use) state you MUST have both palms or both fists on the mat PLUS another body part. He only had one hand down which was illegal per the old rule. That's why the rules were changed, too many were put into a bad position in which the better fighter had him/her in a bad position but they were being punished because the one in bad position could just put a hand down and basically stopped the better fighter from punishing the one in the lock.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Not true anymore. The unified MMA rules (which Nebraska does use) state you MUST have both palms or both fists on the mat PLUS another body part. He only had one hand down which was illegal per the old rule. That's why the rules were changed, too many were put into a bad position in which the better fighter had him/her in a bad position but they were being punished because the one in bad position could just put a hand down and basically stopped the better fighter from punishing the one in the lock.
I am glad you cleared this up. When I saw a clip of it the guy Anders beat looked like he pulled his hand off the mat then the foot clocked him. Now that you said this it wasn't really close.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So, wait --- so we can put threads for Golfers and Boxers who didn't play football for Alabama in the Football thread....

But, a former football player who wins a UFC fight has to go to Pro Sports?

Sometimes, I'm just so confused.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.