Playwright Neil Simon Passes At 91

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm starting to think we ought to just have an annual Obituary thread at the start of each year and cut down the NUMBER of threads.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-neil-simon-20180826-story.html

Neil Simon, whose comic touch in “The Odd Couple,” “Barefoot in the Park” and many other hits on stage and screen made him the most commercially successfully playwright of the 20th century — and perhaps of all time — has died, according to his representative. He was 91.

From “Come Blow Your Horn” in 1961 to “45 Seconds From Broadway” in 2001, 30 of Simon's plays opened on Broadway, including five musicals for which he wrote the book. Seventeen of them ran a year or more, and many were subsequently embraced by theater's grass-roots, seen year after year across the nation as staples of community theater, dinner theater and high school productions.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What is really bizarre is that I have seen a number of news posts about Simon’s death that are filled with comments about John McCain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What is really bizarre is that I have seen a number of news posts about Simon’s death that are filled with comments about John McCain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brother the news producer has to follow Twitter. He hates it, but he has no choice because many times actual news breaks there.

He sent me a tweet some supposed news bozo had just posted this morning saying Aretha Franklin was in grave condition and included the
comments about how "may she get well soon."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.