Premium Seating Recommendation At Bryant Denny

Abbeville1787

Aug 21, 2018
Good Evening-

I am a new member to the forum and a longtime Tide fan who will be making my first visit to Tuscaloosa for a game this fall against Texas A&M, visiting from out of town. My wife and I are looking at seats in the North Zone, South Zone, or possibly field suites, or Ivory Club. Do any of these areas permit alcohol for ticketed guests who are not season ticket holders?

Given that we’ve been talking about making a visit for some time, but haven’t done it yet, we are looking to make the most of the experience and are interested in possibly arriving a little early and enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine at halftime, but I am unclear as to the alcohol policy at the stadium—-it seems that perhaps their are lockers accessible only to season ticket holders who stock them with their own supplies prior to game day. Can anyone provide insight into areas of the stadium where we may be able to enjoy an adult beverage, if there are any? Also any tips or recommendations for a first time visitor to the stadium? Thanks in advance for any feedback...Roll Tide!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Your issue is going to be getting the alcohol in prior to game day. Can't take alcohol into the stadium on game day, regardless of where you sit. True, people can and do smuggle it in. But even if you were successful in getting a flask or some miniatures in, I'm not sure how that would play in those areas, as the drinks are typically mixed in the locker rooms, not on the floor of the food platform. Plus, security is getting tighter, and it's not as easy to get some in as it once was.

There is a window of time on Friday where they allow suite owners to stock their bars. Don't know about the lockers in the Zone areas.

Mrs. Basket Case and I have been season ticket holders since 1989, and we're by no means teetotalers -- we appreciate beer, wine and liquor. But we confine our imbibing to before and after the game, and don't drink during the game itself. In the stadium, we've just found it to be a lot more trouble than it's worth. And especially if you head to the locker during halftime, you tend to shotgun whatever it is you're drinking, due to the short time. So sometimes memories of the 3rd quarter are a bit hazy.

Not saying for myself, of course......that's just what friends have told me.

If, however, you're lucky enough to be in one of the donor suites, the logistics are entirely different, enjoying a toddy during the game is a lot more leisurely endeavor, and everything I just said is moot.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.