Recommendations for Subscription-Based Online TV

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It will. It is not that old. YouTubeTV says they will get the app for TVs that are 2015 or earlier "soon". whatever the hell that means. I can stream hulu but nothing live. again my TV is one year too old.

We use a Roku on each tv. Do you have a game system? It works with those as well.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I have a PS3. Apparently it has been awhile since I did any updates. It is taking a long time to update right now. I will see if it will let me get youtubetv or hululive.
Not your night :( I don’t think it works on PS3 or PS4. It does on the XBOX. Do you have the new Apple TV? If not, then a cheap roku will work fine.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Not your night :( I don’t think it works on PS3 or PS4. It does on the XBOX. Do you have the new Apple TV? If not, then a cheap roku will work fine.
After all that set-up, I just found that out. I have been considering switching over to Xbox. One of my friends prefers it, I have always preferred PS. I don't like what I hear about Roku. Don't you have to register with them too?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
After all that set-up, I just found that out. I have been considering switching over to Xbox. One of my friends prefers it, I have always preferred PS. I don't like what I hear about Roku. Don't you have to register with them too?
Yes, I set up one roku account and linked them all. They are very easy and user friendly. I have all my apps set up on the home screen, YouTubetv, Netflix, amazon prime video and Philo. (You customize it)

You can also rent movies from there with the fandango app.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yes, I set up one roku account and linked them all. They are very easy and user friendly. I have all my apps set up on the home screen, YouTubetv, Netflix, amazon prime video and Philo. (You customize it)

You can also rent movies from there with the fandango app.
so no matter what I have to spend some more money on something? Plus I have to research to make sure I buy the right thing. My TV already does streaming, just nothing live. I don't want to waste any money on something that my TV and my PS3 already does.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It will. It is not that old. YouTubeTV says they will get the app for TVs that are 2015 or earlier "soon". whatever the hell that means. I can stream hulu but nothing live. again my TV is one year too old.
Just seems odd. My TV is much earlier than 2015 and I have been streaming via Roku for at least three years first with Sling and now with YouTube.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Just seems odd. My TV is much earlier than 2015 and I have been streaming via Roku for at least three years first with Sling and now with YouTube.
my guess is that dzyn has an older "smart" tv that doesn't support youtube tv, he could add a Roku

or run youtubetv on his laptop with an hdmi out to the tv for the game

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yep. and according to Youtubetv, they will get the app for older TVs "soon".
that is why I went away from youtubetv last year, they didn't have Roku support. now they do but it took a while for "soon" to play out

go to walmart and buy a Roku they start around $30 and the interface is far better than any smart tv I've ever tried. I like it so much my smart tv's are all rokutv's

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
that is why I went away from youtubetv last year, they didn't have Roku support. now they do but it took a while for "soon" to play out

go to walmart and buy a Roku they start around $30 and the interface is far better than any smart tv I've ever tried. I like it so much my smart tv's are all rokutv's
I am stopping by on my way home tonight. I might even do it during my lunch, but most of my office wants to hear my stories from my trip.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Officially cancelling cable. I am done. I have Hulu for a month. I will try YouTube TV next month. I will go with which ever one is the better one. Unfortunately my only option for internet is still Xfinity.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Tried watching a few games with my computer. it is not so great. I think my computer is the issue.

For me YoutubeTV works best with the Chrome Browser. I don't really use chrome as my daily browser but jmho it's best for video streaming.

The only issue I've had in my 3+ weeks of using it so far has been that the 'Live Feed' is about 20-30 secs behind most people's Directv and/or cable....

So in game threads I wait until a big play happens/is happening before I refresh or the next play will be spoiled for me.

Other than that it's been great and saves me $104 per month.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
For me YoutubeTV works best with the Chrome Browser. I don't really use chrome as my daily browser but jmho it's best for video streaming.

The only issue I've had in my 3+ weeks of using it so far has been that the 'Live Feed' is about 20-30 secs behind most people's Directv and/or cable....

So in game threads I wait until a big play happens/is happening before I refresh or the next play will be spoiled for me.

Other than that it's been great and saves me $104 per month.
Yes, I did notice I was about 30 seconds to 1 minute behind the action. It is worth it to not pay tons of money for 250 channels, 240 of which I do not watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.