Anfernee Jennings doesn't see Terrell Lewis missing the whole season

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Define a whole season? Regular season game ends 11/24. I've seen people saying he won't miss a whole season. I'm thinking he'll be back in second half of season. (October)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If it's a partial tears then maybe October or November. Full tear, probably wont be back until playoff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's not the way it works. A partial tear is almost never repaired, unless it's so close to complete it makes the knee unstable. It that be true, then they just cut out the remainder and anchor the graft in. I survived on an almost severed ACL for years from an old ski accident. Replacing it wasn't even considered until I completely severed it in a basketball accident. I've posted this before but there are a lot of new people on the board. The graft is the strongest the day after it's put in. Then, it starts to die. As it dies, the body uses it as a latticework or scaffold to lace in new tissue, including a blood supply. However, it never develops new nerve tissue, which is why tearing a graft doesn't hurt like tearing your own ACL. The graft is weakest around 3-4 months. Then, it's a question of how quickly the body can build in new tissue. It used to be considered that full strength wouldn't be reached for a year but young athletes keep pushing that timeline up. I was back at basketball in 11 months, but I was scared to death. Sometimes the psychological aspect is the hardest. I could almost forget it, but, when I was bombing downhill on skis at high speed, the thought of wiping out and having to go through the pain and tedium of rehab again would pass through my mind. No way to stop it...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
We've seen the rehab time for this get shorter and shorter especially with our guys, and reading the tea leaves from staff and players, I think hes back sooner than wed expect, maybe November, barring a setback.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
almost severed ACL for years from an old ski accident
I tried that this year for the first time ever in Colorado as I generally go up there once a year to stay with a great friend of mine. Safe to say, I'll stick to riding the snowmobiles:biggrin: It was expensive (it was $75 a day for the ski lift, $65 to rent gear, then another $200 to learn the basics of skiing. Snowmobile was $150 for two hours plus like a $500 deposit) but we got to ride up to the Continental Divide and man I got some nice pictures! It was simply stunning up there. There and Mt. Evans has some of the best views on this Earth. It was 6 degrees and luckily my friend owned some snow/ski gear or I would have froze lol. Coming back down the mountain you'd see 3 or 4 skimobiles wrecked in the turns where the idiots thought they could drive them like a 4-wheeler.

As for skiing I could ski and stay up, it was stopping that was the hard part for me:biggrin: About the only way I could stop was to dump myself and hope I didn't tear a knee in the process which I almost done as well. It just ain't for me:biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I tried that this year for the first time ever in Colorado as I generally go up there once a year to stay with a great friend of mine. Safe to say, I'll stick to riding the snowmobiles:biggrin: It was expensive (it was $75 a day for the ski lift, $65 to rent gear, then another $200 to learn the basics of skiing. Snowmobile was $150 for two hours plus like a $500 deposit) but we got to ride up to the Continental Divide and man I got some nice pictures! It was simply stunning up there. There and Mt. Evans has some of the best views on this Earth. It was 6 degrees and luckily my friend owned some snow/ski gear or I would have froze lol. Coming back down the mountain you'd see 3 or 4 skimobiles wrecked in the turns where the idiots thought they could drive them like a 4-wheeler.

As for skiing I could ski and stay up, it was stopping that was the hard part for me:biggrin: About the only way I could stop was to dump myself and hope I didn't tear a knee in the process which I almost done as well. It just ain't for me:biggrin:
The first thing they're supposed to teach you is speed control and how to stop... :)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The first thing they're supposed to teach you is speed control and how to stop... :)
They did but stopping after 1.5 feet compared to coming down the mountain full bore is two different animals to someone who has never been on the slopes before.:biggrin:

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
What's nuts about Lewis' situation is he's going to be draft-eligible in April and Alabama might never get to experience him at full speed for a full season in the playing rotation.

Frustrating given that many observers believe he's the closest thing to the best Jack linebacker Saban has ever had (Jason Taylor, in Miami).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What's nuts about Lewis' situation is he's going to be draft-eligible in April and Alabama might never get to experience him at full speed for a full season in the playing rotation.

Frustrating given that many observers believe he's the closest thing to the best Jack linebacker Saban has ever had (Jason Taylor, in Miami).
He is a first rounder, but only if he plays a full season.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
He is a first rounder, but only if he plays a full season.
Agreed!

He has to demonstrate that he can stay healthy for a season. I would think he would stick around for another season to demonstrate that...
A

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Do you believe he has a personal situation that makes it likely for him to go?

I agree with B1G, if he plays a whole season and stays healthy he's going 1st round.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.