Link: Driver's sponsorship pulled over comment made by father over 30 years ago

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Back in the day I used to frequent Road America for IMSA, Trans Am and CART races living only an hour away from the track. This is an incredible time of the year to visit Wisconsin and the rolling hills around Elkhart Lake which is only a few miles west of Lake Michigan. There really isn't much of a more beautiful place in the world than the Midwest at the end of summer. A bit nostalgic for all of that.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Back in the day I used to frequent Road America for IMSA, Trans Am and CART races living only an hour away from the track. This is an incredible time of the year to visit Wisconsin and the rolling hills around Elkhart Lake which is only a few miles west of Lake Michigan. There really isn't much of a more beautiful place in the world than the Midwest at the end of summer. A bit nostalgic for all of that.
I'll be honest, Midwest summers are actually pretty nice, and sunsets over the great lakes are just beautiful. This was taken on the Erie shore, overlooking downtown Cleveland in the distance.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Good to know that we can add NASCAR drivers to the people that we hold to a higher standard.

Last edited:

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017
This is not a good time for freedom. Anything that a corporation feels uncomfortable about is immediate grounds for dissociation, whether it is true or not or whether you were BORN or not, apparently. Ridiculous PC trash. That company should be bought and all employees relevant to this decision fired by an “angel investor.”

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I honestly don't get holding a son accountable for something the dad did before the son was even born. It is beyond ridiculous.
I don't think the dad should be held accountable either if what he says now is true. Derek Daly admits to using racial slur

"I responded by explaining that I was a foreign driver now in America, driving for an American team, with an American crew, and with an American sponsor – and that if things did not go well, the only 'n-word in the wood pile' would be me.

"At the time, I meant that I, as the new foreigner on the team, would shoulder the blame and I would be the scapegoat. This was not in any way shape or form meant to be a racial slur. This phrase was commonly used in Ireland, Britain, and Australia. When I used that phrase in the early 80’s, I had no idea that in this country that phrase had a horribly different meaning and connotation, as it was commonplace in Ireland. After moving to the United States, I quickly learned what a derogatory term it was. When I was first informed of this, I was mortified at the offense I might have caused people. I have therefore never used the word since."

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Geez, I'd never work again if I had to pay for the racial slurs that my parents used frequently.

It was a different era, Jim Crow. Our version of Apartheid.

I can only remember the last vestiges. The separate drinking fountains, separate waiting rooms in Dr's offices, public swimming pools closed, the start of desegregation of the schools.

Last edited:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'll be honest, Midwest summers are actually pretty nice, and sunsets over the great lakes are just beautiful. This was taken on the Erie shore, overlooking downtown Cleveland in the distance.

My wife was born in Cleveland and grew up in Dayton. This of course had me travel the area quite a lot over two decades. The lakes are magnificent and speak to work involved in cleaning up Lake Erie in particular.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
My wife was born in Cleveland and grew up in Dayton. This of course had me travel the area quite a lot over two decades. The lakes are magnificent and speak to work involved in cleaning up Lake Erie in particular.
You'd never know the Cuyahoga River used to be on fire. ;) But you're right, they've done a great job cleaning up the lake, river, and valley. They even got a National Park out of it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You'd never know the Cuyahoga River used to be on fire. ;) But you're right, they've done a great job cleaning up the lake, river, and valley. They even got a National Park out of it.
you don't want to burn coal, you don't want to burn gas, you don't want to burn wood, and you don't want to burn rivers. why do you libtards want children to freeze to death.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.