Palin not invited to McCain’s funeral

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/404220-palin-not-invited-to-mccain-funeral-services-report?amp

I have defended McCain since his death as all the crap that people flood every Facebook thread disgust me. I don’t believe any of it.

That being said, I have a big problem with this. I didn’t see who’s call it was, but it is wrong. Maybe something happened behind the scenes, but I haven’t heard Palin saying anything bad about McCain, even after he said picking her as his running mate was a mistake.

I doubt her going would cause a distraction or a big scene. With bigger names than her there, the media isn’t going to spend much time focusing on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I’ve retained my smugness on this out of respect for a guy who did more than most (and I don’t blame him for avoiding Trump, given he’d find a way to make the funeral about himself).

But yeah, even if she was a mistake, he’s the one who made it, not her.

Unsurprisingly she’s classier than the Cheeto about it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I understand that there was a lot of infighting and chaos behind the scenes as they tried to bring her under some semblance of following the campaign's themes and thrust. Still...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Incidentally, what this has done is made it more of a story than it would have been had he simply invited her and let it go.

Of course, media being what it is, the next line in the train of madness is, "But why didn't he ask her to SPEAK?"

Bush made a mistake with Quayle thirty years ago, too - but he never once said that in public (or from what anything I've read private).

McCain can do what he wants, but this managed to make a sort of story out of what would have been a non-story.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Incidentally, what this has done is made it more of a story than it would have been had he simply invited her and let it go.

Of course, media being what it is, the next line in the train of madness is, "But why didn't he ask her to SPEAK?"

Bush made a mistake with Quayle thirty years ago, too - but he never once said that in public (or from what anything I've read private).

McCain can do what he wants, but this managed to make a sort of story out of what would have been a non-story.
technically, he no longer can.

maybe he was just doing the country a solid and reminding them how bad bible spice and her nonsense were. regardless, like all other stories these days, this too will be long forgotten by the end of next week.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

maybe he was just doing the country a solid and reminding them how bad bible spice and her nonsense were. regardless, like all other stories these days, this too will be long forgotten by the end of next week.
Somehow, I knew YOU would pick apart that verbiage, ha ha.......

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017

I’m just here to say that I laughed a lot at the name “Bible Spice.”

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
If I'm planning for my funeral and there's someone I don't like that I wouldn't want there I'm going to make sure they aren't invited and I'm not going to worry about the consequences before and don't have to worry about the consequences after.

I would just say in a politician's case it just shows how strongly he felt about it to not invite her. Your funeral wishes are one of the last things you get in this life. There's definitely people in my circle of acquaintances that would be on my do not invite list.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I must admit sending or denying invitations, whether formally or informally, to a funeral is a new one to me. Unless that person is going to cause undue harm or stress to my grieving family, then I don't see the reason for denying them to come. Funerals are for the family not the deceased. At that point, I assure you I won't care, haha.

With that being said, I fully understand why Trump was asked not to come. He would have made the memorial service about him and not about supporting McCain's wife, children, grandchildren, and other family and friends. He would've made sure he got a sound bite or two in and his usual photo op for Fox News.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I'm with you I have never received an invitation to a funeral nor sent any. I always thought whether you went to the visitation or funeral you were there to pay your respects to the deceased. I'm sure when I die there will be someone show up that I didn't really care for but what will it matter. It would be nice though if Trump could find a way to just visit the family without people knowing.
I must admit sending or denying invitations, whether formally or informally, to a funeral is a new one to me. Unless that person is going to cause undue harm or stress to my grieving family, then I don't see the reason for denying them to come. Funerals are for the family not the deceased. At that point, I assure you I won't care, haha.

With that being said, I fully understand why Trump was asked not to come. He would have made the memorial service about him and not about supporting McCain's wife, children, grandchildren, and other family and friends. He would've made sure he got a sound bite or two in and his usual photo op for Fox News.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Do you actually invite people to your funeral? I always assumed other people took care of the details.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm with you I have never received an invitation to a funeral nor sent any. I always thought whether you went to the visitation or funeral you were there to pay your respects to the deceased. I'm sure when I die there will be someone show up that I didn't really care for but what will it matter. It would be nice though if Trump could find a way to just visit the family without people knowing.
i doubt the mccain family would go along with that.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You have to keep in mind that a big part of politics is the "show business" side. Lot of PR, spin, rhetoric, and chatter.

Sometimes things actually done that make a difference to us - the people.

This is why who comes to a funeral or not comes into play, when you are a politician, unlike any other part of our society.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.