My wife passed away today

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
I am a long time member of Tide Fans, but rarely post. For many years I have visited the site daily to get my dose of Bama, since I live in Knoxville. My dearest wife is a die hard Tennessee fan and former season ticket holder, so I have attended more Tennessee games than Alabama. But today I set aside our rivalry of college football to celebrate her wonderful life, since she passed away this afternoon. Today I have experienced the lows of a panic attic when I realized she had breathed her final breath, and experienced the highs at our 500+ weekly youth group meeting at our church, where they honored her life. And there is another silver lining to her struggles this past week. My elderly mother from Virginia, who is a fanatical Bama fan, has been visiting for over a week to be here for my wife as she struggled in the hospital. So this Saturday we will have the rare chance to watch a Bama game together, as we mourn both my wife and my dad. This will be a very special game for me. But above all, I hope you all wont mind if, in honor of my very special wife, I give a very heart felt GO VOLS!!!!!

And of course . . . ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
So, so sorry for your loss. Heartbreaking.

May God bless you and all your family and provide you with the peace that passes all understanding.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I am a long time member of Tide Fans, but rarely post. For many years I have visited the site daily to get my dose of Bama, since I live in Knoxville. My dearest wife is a die hard Tennessee fan and former season ticket holder, so I have attended more Tennessee games than Alabama. But today I set aside our rivalry of college football to celebrate her wonderful life, since she passed away this afternoon. Today I have experienced the lows of a panic attic when I realized she had breathed her final breath, and experienced the highs at our 500+ weekly youth group meeting at our church, where they honored her life. And there is another silver lining to her struggles this past week. My elderly mother from Virginia, who is a fanatical Bama fan, has been visiting for over a week to be here for my wife as she struggled in the hospital. So this Saturday we will have the rare chance to watch a Bama game together, as we mourn both my wife and my dad. This will be a very special game for me. But above all, I hope you all wont mind if, in honor of my very special wife, I give a very heart felt GO VOLS!!!!!

I'm sorry for your loss, TNBama. I can't imagine the pain you are experiencing right now. We will be praying for you.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Godspeed and the Peace of the Lord be with you and your family in the coming days, weeks and months.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am so sorry for your loss. What you wrote brought tears to my eyes. I can sense how much you loved her and I am sure she knew as well.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Sending prayers of comfort and peace your way, brother. Just in the way you speak of her it’s more than obvious that she was a very special lady. I hope this Saturday can help bring even just a moment of distraction from the pain. God bless you and yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
TNBama, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. I live just 90 miles below you in Cleveland, TN.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
TNBama, I rarely post either but wanted to add my condolences and prayers for peace and comfort. brother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.