New Feature: New Gameday Weekend Guides!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
TideFans’ Guide to a Gameday Weekend

Periodically, TideFans posters request information on gameday and game weekends in Tuscaloosa.

In an effort to help, TideFans.com forum moderator, 4Q Basket Case, a Tuscaloosa native and soon-to-be resident, provides some hometown scoop.

This guide is written for the visitor who is either going to his first game, or doesn’t make it to enough games to be familiar with the drill. So, it’s a LOT of information! We also prepared some Extremely Blunt Disclaimers that you should read.

Links to the various topics covered in our gameday guide which is now in the top menu as "GAMEDAY" (with many links to venues and other info). Here are the various sections :

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thanks Brett,
This is just another example of you striving to provide the best online experience for Bama fans.
All thanks go to 4Q. I will periodically update as appropriate with new links, etc. but 4Q put it all together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Thanks, guys.

It was a lot of fun to write...really just came pouring out.

Some others who had a big hand:
Crimsonaudio proofed it and let me know it was at least on the right track.

BIGTide made some hugely helpful suggestions. He was the perfect reviewer because he's been to enough games to be at least somewhat familiar with the layout, but not so familiar as to just not think about stuff that would be useful to a newbie. His suggestions about photo ops made me look at the campus through a different lens.

And BamaNation edited it down a bit (I know it's hard to believe, but I can get a bit wordy), added the pictures, and added some links to places I hadn't considered.

So it was really an example of what makes TideFans the best Alabama site on the net. People who genuinely care, trying to spread the good word about gameday in Tuscaloosa, and present it in a way that helps the most people.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Good write up, should be very helpful! Here a few other suggestions to restaurants

Consider a breakfast section by itself. Lots of good suggestions here
- Waysider (a favorite of CPB)
- City Cafe
- Another Broken Egg (another view of the river

On Meatn3s
- T-town Cafe (for those looking for an option closer to campus)

Other restaurant suggestions:
- The Levee
- Taco Mama (great margheritas)
- Hoo's Q (really good bbq, try the grilled okra)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thanks to 4Q, we've updated the gameday guides - particularly latest updates on traffic/construction, parking, and restaurants. Take a peek! I've added some interactive maps, as well.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Good write up, should be very helpful! Here a few other suggestions to restaurants

- City Cafe
- Another Broken Egg (another view of the river

On Meatn3s
- T-town Cafe (for those looking for an option closer to campus)

Other restaurant suggestions:
- The Levee
- Taco Mama (great margheritas)
- Hoo's Q (really good bbq, try the grilled okra)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
JD- I will add your suggestions. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

I've been twice since moving back to town, and both breakfasts tasted like Coach Bryant's leftovers. Go for the nostalgia, not the food.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.