Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Louisville...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm curious to see what everyone thoughts on Locksley and Lupoi's playcalling tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I found it hard to tell from the telecast. You really can't see the field when they are zoomed on the LOS. Looks like the backside help was the main culprit tonight. Is that on the MLBs?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
...I can't get my mind around the fact that Saban won't name a starting QB and had only had feeble praise for the way Tua played at his post game presser. I just don't get it. I understand that it's too early after the game to make such a statement, but this QB competition is over, everyone knows it, and it's looking more and more unbelievable that Saban still doesn't know it but won't admit it for some unknown reason.
Don't worry about it. First of all, I doubt Tua is so insecure that he needs Saban to tell him he had a great game. Secondly, regardless of the score, we had a LOT of problem, even for a first game. Inconsistent OL and DL play, all those stupid penalties--those are the things that will get us beat against a good team. Those problems were in the forefront of his mind and colored his remarks.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
ROLL TIDE ROLL.
We turned in a dominant performance tonight.

If there were any doubts who our Starting Quarterback would be...
Tua put those doubts to bed.

We received a bunch of penalties, some deserved, some not.
We dominated despite our penalties.

Petrino played his 12 best players tonightt. ;) Louisville was never in tonight's game, despite the talk by Louisville and Petrino.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Jalen Hurts was Coach Saban’s starting quarterback for two years, and now he’s been supplanted by his understudy. The respect, honor and grace that Coach Saban is treating Jalen with publicly, is on display to everyone. Though many people would have him disrespect Jalen in order to satisfy their own agendas, Coach is loyal (if nothing else), and will continue to refuse to do so.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I found it hard to tell from the telecast. You really can't see the field when they are zoomed on the LOS. Looks like the backside help was the main culprit tonight. Is that on the MLBs?
It was hard for me as well. I thought the LBs didnt have a great game tonight. There were lot of miscommunication tonight. Mack didnt do good job. Hopefully he will improve.

Locksley was decent. Well know more about offense in next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
We were fairly close to the Alabama bench. I tried to watch the game and keep an eye on Bama’s sideline. Saban ate up most of the coaching time with the defense, Lupoi got in there when Saban was through. Not that unusual in itself, but it looked like Locksley influenced playcalling a lot more than Lupoi.
I know one thing, Christian Miller got scorched by Saban for a long time. Then he came back and gave him some more.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think we won’t know what we have really until after Ole Miss. Louisville has talent, but this is probably a 4-5 loss team going against an elite team. Ole Miss probably has 2 first round receivers and a good QB. They are going to be a handful.

dirkg

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2014
www.facebook.com
Jalen Hurts was Coach Saban’s starting quarterback for two years, and now he’s been supplanted by his understudy. The respect, honor and grace that Coach Saban is treating Jalen with publicly, is on display to everyone. Though many people would have him disrespect Jalen in order to satisfy their own agendas, Coach is loyal (if nothing else), and will continue to refuse to do so.
Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The optics aren’t great but she and ABC / ESPN got exactly what they wanted. That’s the sad part.
Plus, they got it exactly the way that they wanted. So they can play it, over and over, all week, while trying to play the role of the victim.

That is the really sad part.

Some of us are old enough to remember when all of the so-called journalists weren't jerks. A lot were, but not all.

nickcut

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 3, 2015
I'd be fine with that IF I knew the team understood this to be the case. But from stories that have emerged, regarding Barnett's comments and Hurts' infamous interview at fan day, there is obviously a lack of communication from the head coach (and therefore any coach) to the QBs on what the plan is. Tua deserves to be named the starter. He deserves that.

tmv85

All-SEC
This is my two cents worth of opinion regarding Saban’s lack of naming a starting QB when asked about it by MT: Maybe he wants to sit down with Jalen and Tua first before he tells the rest of us what we already know to be true. Put it in a business perspective. Everyone knows Joe Blow is about to be let go, even Joe Blow, but when someone asks Mr. CEO at a cocktail party about it, he isn’t going to discuss it until he and old Joe have had a meeting first.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I am sure Saban will apologize to her. She is a big girl...she can take it. I think she handled it well.
I didn't see the interview, but I do think Maria Taylor is very good. She speaks very well, seems to know what she is talking about, and can handle the guys with whom she works very well. On top of all of that, she is also easy on the eyes. Both she and Laura Rutledge are great because they do a great job, don't take things too seriously (It is sports we're talking about.), and provide very nice scenery. I'm a fan.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Who started the game? Tua did. Saban named a starter. Tua. Question therefore is moot in his mind. I expect this will be his response going forward. He’ll just ignore the next time it’s asked or say “Next question”. Problem solved.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I didn't see the interview, but I do think Maria Taylor is very good. She speaks very well, seems to know what she is talking about, and can handle the guys with whom she works very well. On top of all of that, she is also easy on the eyes. Both she and Laura Rutledge are great because they do a great job, don't take things too seriously (It is sports we're talking about.), and provide very nice scenery. I'm a fan.
I like he too but she was doing the typical media click bait/twitter sound bit. It was actually perfect for what they wanted. CNS will be critical of himself because he said he was working on patience this offseason:)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think she responded with "I hear ya" or something similar..... If she's upset, she didn't seem like it. I don't fault Coach either. My goodness, he's been asked 10,000. He keeps saying - we aren't naming a starter..... and that's that.

He's going to do what he wants to do -- and that's gotten us 5 NC. So, if his communication with QBs isn't perfect, and if he chews out Asst Coaches too often, and if he let's someone like Christian Miller feel about 5" tall --- guess what? --

He'll keep on winning, Miller will end up learning a huge lesson about controlling emotions, and the Asst Coaches will be able to tack on another NC to their resume as they are trying to get a HC job.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Saban was just a little harsh with Maria Taylor. He is right though....they bait him with these questions.
His insistence that he's still trying to figure to who should be the starter is what's causing this - not the questions.

He continues to dance around what is painfully obvious to every human who has ever watched and has even an inkling of understanding of football, so he better get used to these questions. To continue to act like he has to bubble wrap JH's feelings instead of answering the exact kind of question every coach is asked in this situation and lashing out at the press is on him, not those asking the questions.

I think Saban is a great coach, but he needs to take it down a notch. He caused this situation, now he has to live with it. Or do what everyone sees is plainly obvious and deal with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.