Good, bad, ugly: Louisville edition

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly... Cardinal style:

Good: Tua.
Bad: The QB rotation. The score would have been 42-0 at halftime if it weren't for the rotation. I hate it for Jalen, I really do. And I know Coach Saban does. But I just don't think it's a good idea, and its only going to hold this offense back.

This QB rotation will allow all fans to see that it is so incredibly obvious who the best QB is, that the question will go away. I too hate it for Jalen. It is what it is.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Good- The passing game showed a lot of potential to be great. The running backs ran hard and are probably the best group in the country. All four of those guys have the potential to be great. The defense played well most of the time. Thompson can really get it done.
Bad- The defense allowed too many guys to be running free. The offensive line allowed too much pressure.
Ugly- My old rear end fell asleep about four times watching the game and finally gave up and went to bed about mid-way through the 4th. Getting up at four A.M. and playing at the lake just wore me out. I'm still ashamed that I went to bed before the game was over, but I am rested this morning. Roll Tide!

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012

Good - Tua
Bad - Taking momentum away by putting in Jalen.
Ugly - Kicking

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Good: Tua, offense overall; Jaleyn Waddle !

Bad: Penalties on defense; mental errors, Louisville should have had 7 points, not 14. I know Saban was frustrated but he did not have to be that rude on national TV to Maria Taylor. Our OLine started out slow, in both the passing game and run game.

Ugly: Referees were flag happy; at least Louisville got called dozens of times for too many men on the field :)

We need a consistent field goal kicker!!!!

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Good: Tua's fabulous performance, bravery of Smith going up for a catch from Jalen knowing he would be clattered, and our new return phenom, Waddle. Great performances from many more. Really good to see Jacobs with a fine display. Hopefully no serious injuries like the FSU game last year.

Bad: Mental errors from defense, O-line needs work.

Ugly: Stupid penalties, sideline reporter interrupting flow of play with her prattle.,

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

Good: I'll tip my hat to Louiseville #66 OL, who had a reception (for loss) and he also managed to tackle Thompson to save a TD.

Keaton Anderson threw himself down to block two tacklers during Jacob's kickoff return TD.

I was as excited about Waddle, who was at least a bit unexpected, as Tua, who was for the most part expected.

A great night watching the ball zip around the field, landing in outstretched hands - except this time it is Alabama, not the other guys. Tua could have put 70 on these guys.

Bad: fixable penalties

Ugly: Some vulnerability and mixups across the middle.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

Good: Tua, offense overall; Jaleyn Waddle !

Bad: Penalties on defense; mental errors, Louisville should have had 7 points, not 14. I know Saban was frustrated but he did not have to be that rude on national TV to Maria Taylor. Our OLine started out slow, in both the passing game and run game.

Ugly: Referees were flag happy; at least Louisville got called dozens of times for too many men on the field :)

We need a consistent field goal kicker!!!!
Jones missed 1 fg. Made one from 39 yards. I think he'll be fine. Hard to judge on just 2 tries in the first game. Same with DeLong, with an average of 36.3 yards. Hopefully, that improves. He seemed nervous.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM

Good: Tua, Deionte Thompson, return game
Bad: Kicking game, stupid penalties we actually did commit, busted coverages
Ugly: The "Big" 10 officiating crew, unpenalized chop block on Q. Williams

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

THE GOOD... Tua
THE BAD...... Too many penalties.
THE UGLY..... The Official who looked like Petrino.
THE INCREDIBLE... Lots of 12 man penalties... Louisville must have practiced em.
(I'll bet everybody will count Louisville players the rest of the season)

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, there was lots of good, and lots of bad, but I thought the funniest thing I saw all night was the Les Miles, Dos Equis grass eating commercial. Delicioso!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This is when Saban is at his best. Lots of teaching points. When Saban no longer shows this emotion I will be concerned. RTR
I think what upset him the most was the lack of what he considers to be at the very top of what he considers important: mental discipline. It'll be a long time before he lets anyone forget the one drive that was enabled by not one, but two, totally unnecessary and STUPID penalties caused by a lack of discipline.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.