Week 2 (2018) Betting Lines for Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Week 1 isn't even all the way in the books yet, but the books are open!

And what a Week 1 it was.....for the good guys, at least.

It doesn't matter if Saban ever names a starter at QB. Vegas already has.

Washington looked pretty decent in a loss. West Va. looked really good in winning...and so did Ole Miss. Now that we've got that first one out of the system (most of us at least), let's move on to Week 2.

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor encourages any gambling (or other degenerate behavior) of any kind (
unless your state says it's legal to do so). The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only (unless your state says otherwise).

• Miss St. will go to the Little Apple as a 7.5 pt favorite over Kansas St.
  • After inexplicably trying to turn the best running QB in the country into a passer and losing his first game at Arizona, Kevin Sumlin's Wildcats of Arizona are 4 pt underdogs to Houston
  • Vandy is an 8 pt favorite over Nevada
  • There's no line for it yet due to the uncertainty of QB Wilton Speight, but I think we all agree Oklahoma will baptize Chip Kelly's UCLA squad
  • In the first of what is supposed to be land mines for Georgia, they go into Williams-Brice Stadium as a 9pt favorite over the USCe Gamecocks
  • Bama is a 36.5pt favorite over Arkansas St. (Mack's note: that's a sucker's bet. Check Arky St's QB's stats from last year, understand we will continue our QB charade for at least another week, and then take into account that we're still breaking in a new secondary. I'm doubtful we cover that)
  • In a rivalry game that i'm not even sure of the name of, Iowa is a 4pt favorite over Iowa St.
  • Clemson is favored by (only!!!!) 11 over Texas A&M. (Mack's note: Wow! Either that's a sucker bet or Vegas knows something we don't)
  • Mizzou is favored by 16.5 over Wyoming
  • Florida is a 2 TD favorite over Kentucky
  • Arkansas is favored by 11.5 over Colorado St.
  • USC is a 4pt underdog to Stanford
  • After winning his first softball easily, Herm Edwards and his Arizona St. Sun Devils are 6.5 pt underdogs to Michigan St.
  • No lines (at least not yet) for the following:
    • Auburn vs. Alabama St.
    • Ole Miss vs. Southern Illinois
    • LSU vs. Southeast Louisiana

Enjoy the games (responsibly)!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks, Mack......great stuff, as always!

I'll take aTm and the points. I think that's going to be a very good game and perhaps...we even see an Aggie win.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Thanks, Mack......great stuff, as always!

I'll take aTm and the points. I think that's going to be a very good game and perhaps...we even see an Aggie win.
I'm with you Bazza. I'll also take A&M and the points. Jimbo knows Dabo well. I pick an upset here and included this game as one of my choices in the "bold" prediction thread.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Nevada must be really bad. Can't imagine Texas A & M staying close. Their QB is tough but limited. Clemson will be ready. Also think KY will hang around close to FL.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The main three computers I follow have:

Sagarin - not out yet
Atomic - Clemson by 16
Massey - Clemson by 15

The S&P+ from SBNation (pre season) has Clemson by 14

When I mentioned this a few months ago I got put in my place but I still do not think Sumlin is a good HC. He is average.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.