Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast

Re: Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    While I’m not one of these guys who believe Kap was this great QBs that his supporters like to believe, and I do have my reservations on whether this protests were 100% driven on the cause over the fact that Gabbert started the season, I do think he is better than 40% of the QBs that are starting now. I think a huge problem in his last year was due Chip Kelly. I certainly believe he is better than 90% of the backups in the NFL.
    I'd love to have him as the Falcons back up though I am certain the Sark would make him look terrible anyway
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

As expected - Nike stock is now at an all-time high:

As I said in the OP: "Props to Nike - no matter how people feel about CK, this is a slick advertising move."
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'd love to have him as the Falcons back up though I am certain the Sark would make him look terrible anyway
    TBH idk why the Bills wouldn't look at him. They shouldn't be throwing that rookie to the wolves the way they are IMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    As expected - Nike stock is now at an all-time high:

As I said in the OP: "Props to Nike - no matter how people feel about CK, this is a slick advertising move."
    Considering Nike was within roughly 1% of their ATH when the announcement was made it's not that surprising. Considering that the market in general is hovering around ATH it's pretty common for company's like Nike to be at ATHs also. The fiscal benefits or drawbacks from this campaign won't be known until at least 6 months down the road when Nike has their quarterly earning reports..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Considering Nike was within roughly 1% of their ATH when the announcement was made it's not that surprising. Considering that the market in general is hovering around ATH it's pretty common for company's like Nike to be at ATHs also. The fiscal benefits or drawbacks from this campaign won't be known until at least 6 months down the road when Nike has their quarterly earning reports..
    Sure, but I posted this in response to the naysayers who claimed this would be a terrible move for the company, pointing to the short term losses from the investors who are scared of anything that rocks the boat.

That said, I'll bet dollars to donuts that post Xmas, NKEs numbers will be astonishingly good.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-SEC tide power fan's Avatar

I'm sure it spiked up sales, the kids that agree with the ad would be running out buying stuff, I'll keep wearing what I have but for sure won't be buying anymore.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

I wonít stop buying Nike. I have brand loyalty there. Iím just still trying to figure out what he sacrificed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    If only he had overcome the bigotry of low expectations and been more respectful....

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/botham-shem-jean/
    Didnít see a thread about this situation. He was a good kid. Tragic situation. Loved this tweet about Botham Jean.

https://twitter.com/toure/status/104...145135108?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    May want to check your math on the percentages.

People have a much higher chance of being killed in a car crash; everyone, regardless of race, should be quaking in their boots whenever they get in a car.
    ah youre correct!

its 0.0007% and 0.00078%! the point is exactly the same and you missed it entirely.

Good news! I got two of my friends to join the boycott of the NFL. They actually kind of agree with BLM, but we are Lion's fans so...low hanging fruit and all.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1076522756592754688

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

In the wake of the Kaepernick ad, Nike announced that it had crushed earnings expectations, leading to a market surge Friday that found Nike's stock as the sole gainer in the entire Dow.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

link

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and the NFL have reached an agreement to settle his allegations that league teams colluded to deny him a contract after his controversial protests in which he took a knee during the national anthem.

The league has also reached a deal with Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid over similar collusion allegations.

A lawyer for Kaepernick, Mark Geragos, tweeted that after discussions, the "parties have decided to resolve their pending grievances." The NFL issued an identical statement.

Details of the agreement are not public. But, as The Associated Press notes, "Considering the lost salary both players claimed and legal costs, the settlement could have climbed into the tens of millions."
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    From what I have read it appears that Kaepernick's settlement was in the $60 - 80 million range
    https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...on-case-2019-2

Edit - added link
    Last edited by Bamaro; February 16th, 2019 at 10:15 AM.