Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

I think I found why he started stinking it up as a QB.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    I don’t know your background, but I’ll draw on my experience growing up
    in small town Alabama and pretty much guarantee a large % of the shade thrown toward CK is due to racism.
    I'm sure there's some of that. And I'm sure there's a lot of people who just disagree with him and don't really care that what his race is. Maybe not everything is racist. Maybe things should be judged on their own merits.

(As an aside, is this a thread were one's personal experience counts for something? 'Cause in other threads - like ones dealing with economics and the government inefficiency - my personal (educational and professional) experience is not deemed relevant by the blue tribe. Uneducated opinions are deemed just as worthy. I've always found that a curious strategy from the crowd that thinks them so much smarter than everyone else.)

Anywho, how much racism is involved here? Colin is a predominately white guy who was raised in an upper middle class white famliy in rural/suburbia. So, say about 30-40% on the racism scale? Is that fair? I just want to calibrate my outrage appropriately.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation All-SEC

Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post

Anywho, how much racism is involved here? Colin is a predominately white guy who was raised in an upper middle class white famliy in rural/suburbia. So, say about 30-40% on the racism scale? Is that fair? I just want to calibrate my outrage appropriately.
    [blue font]Sounds about as authentically black as Obama.[/blue font]

Make of that what you will. I wish people were just Americans and not hung up on color but maybe thatís cause Iím pasty white, or pink or salmon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techster79 View Post
    I think I found why he started stinking it up as a QB.
    Colin is a vegan. He is my mortal enemy. /end
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post

Priceless. Haha
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    He got blackballed due to this protest, and I'm pretty confident his court case will show that.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...905-story.html

That story, combined with refusing the trade to the Broncos (he would probably still be starting there with the nonsense they've gone through at quarterback) paints a pretty good picture of a guy who doesn't want to play football. There's no telling how long this campaign has been in the works.

So let's summarize: the black guy, raised by white people, protests racial Injustice at the hands of white people, gets a lucrative contract and clothing line from a company who uses low wage workers to make their clothes, to sell to the people being oppressed so the rich white people who are oppressing people of color get even richer. Diabolical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AlexanderFan; September 4th, 2018 at 10:40 PM.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...905-story.html

That story, combined with refusing the trade to the Broncos (he would probably still be starting there with the nonsense they've gone through at quarterback) paints a pretty good picture of a guy who doesn't want to play football. There's no telling how long this campaign has been in the works.

So let's summarize: the black guy, raised by white people, protests racial Injustice at the hands of white people, gets a lucrative contract and clothing line from a company who uses low wage workers to make their clothes, to sell to the people being oppressed so the rich white people who are oppressing people of color get even richer. Diabolical.

So is there the smallest degree of truth to his message as you understand it?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

So let's summarize: the black guy, raised by white people, protests racial Injustice at the hands of white people, gets a lucrative contract and clothing line from a company who uses low wage workers to make their clothes, to sell to the people being oppressed so the rich white people who are oppressing people of color get even richer.
    Diabolical
    To add to the summary: And the supporters of rich white people that are oppressing people of color are more interested in putting down the black guy that their racist rich white leader is using as a distraction from his own criminality and using the low wage workers as political points rather than caring about stopping the rich white people from oppressing people of color in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    So is there the smallest degree of truth to his message as you understand it?
    I don't agree with his method of protest.

You have to understand my view of this. I work at a job that trains you at $31k a year, with a base starting salary of $50k when you qualify. It takes sacrifice, but there are a considerable amount of Black Americans out here with me making the same sacrifices, and money, that I make. My company is always hiring.

I see people with two jobs busting their rears to improve their station, and they are. I see people moving their entire families to get better paying jobs. I know immigrants with work permits who pay taxes and live here legally.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I see enough upward movement by people of color, and enough poor white people, to think that this government is intentionally keeping just people of color down.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    To add to the summary: And the supporters of rich white people that are oppressing people of color are more interested in putting down the black guy that their racist rich white leader is using as a distraction from his own criminality and using the low wage workers as political points rather than caring about stopping the rich white people from oppressing people of color in the first place.
    It didn't take long for you to bring in Trump, did it? Nevermind that a company is capitalizing off a legitimate social concern by using a fake figurehead, WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

It didn't take long for you to bring in Trump, did it? Nevermind that a company is capitalizing off a legitimate social concern by using a fake figurehead, WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?

Maybe Nike can make Trump some orange jumpsuits, he's going to need some.

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Maybe Nike can make Trump some orange jumpsuits, he's going to need some.
    What I'm hoping happens is Pence pardons him after Ivana meets him on a tarmac somewhere. The tears will be so salty.

the pwnage will be epic
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon