Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Re: Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    This. People need to be careful not to assign any sort of benevolent motive to Nike here. Their motive is profit, pure and simple.
    They have gotten much more publicity than if they had done an ad with Lebron James or Tom Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    They have gotten much more publicity than if they had done an ad with Lebron James or Tom Brady.

Brilliant marketing move. They nailed it here.
    Just a barner.

#bluebloodbath

BamaNation All-SEC

I have to remember Iím not the target demographic. I buy new balance anyway.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Athletic shoes New Balance, Golf shoes Foot Joy. No other brands considered.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

http://www.businessinsider.com/nike-...otlight-2018-9

Just in case you have shared the Pat Tillman Nike meme, you should know that his wife doesnít want you doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/nike-...otlight-2018-9

Just in case you have shared the Pat Tillman Nike meme, you should know that his wife doesn’t want you doing that.

why is she being so uncivil
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Worthy read for some folks...

How it all started, and how we got here.

(Unfortunately, the people that could learn something by reading this likely won't bother).

Did you know this?

Aug 14, 2016- Colin Kaepernick sits for the national anthem.....and no one noticed.

Aug 20th, 2016- Colin again sits, and again, no one noticed.

Aug 26th, 2016- Colin sits and this time he is met with a level of vitriol unseen against an athlete. Even the future President of the United States took shots at him while on the campaign trail. Colin went on to explain his protest had NOTHING to with the military, but he felt it hard to stand for a flag that didn't treat people of color fairly.

Then on on Aug 30th, 2016 Nate Boyer, a former Army Green Beret turned NFL long snapper, penned an open letter to Colin in the Army Times. In it he expressed how Colin's sitting affected him.

Then a strange thing happened. Colin was able to do what most Americans to date have not...
    He listened.

In his letter, Mr. Boyer writes:
    "Iím not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. Itís your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and Iíd be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. Iíve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what youíve gone through is as ignorant as someone whoís never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what itís like to go to war.
    Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, Iím trying to listen to what youíre saying and why youíre doing it."

Mr. Boyer goes on to write "There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and itís just not helping anyone or anything. So Iím just going to keep listening, with an open mind. I look forward to the day you're inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. I'll be standing right there next to you."

Empathy and understanding was shown by Mr. Boyer.........and Mr. Kaepernick reciprocated.

Colin invited Nate to San Diego where the two had a 90 minute discussion and Nate proposed Colin kneel instead of sit.

But why kneel? "We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

Empathy, not zealotry under the guise of patriotism, is the only way meaningful discussion can be had. Mr. Kaepernick listened to all of you that say he disrespects the military and extended an olive branch to find a peace.

When will America listen to him?

We can all learn from this backstory. The truth often lies in the middle. Seek to learn the opposing side's point.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Nike's marketing team is on fire (sorrynotsorry).

This is the darkest timeline.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    I donít know your background, but Iíll draw on my experience growing up
    in small town Alabama and pretty much guarantee a large % of the shade thrown toward CK is due to racism
    So you're taking your experiences with people in small town Alabama and projecting them on to people across the country who you've never met simply because their skin color is the same as those in your experiences in small town Alabama?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Worthy read for some folks...
    You don't get to tell people how to receive the message you send.

Honestly, there were about 150 million Americans treating other Americans of different race appropriately way before he started his protests.

As far as I'm concerned the American flag represents far more amazing people than trash, and not standing for the Anthem is judging many over the actions of a few. Sounds like stereotyping to me.

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson