Game Thread: (20) Virginia Tech Vs (19) FSU, Monday, Sept.3, 8:00PM ESPN

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
With FSU and Miami both looking like they should be out of the top 25, does Clemson play any ranked teams in their division?

Clemson looks like they have it made, easily, for the next few years in winning their division and making the playoffs. I will need to look up what their strength of schedule is.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
With FSU and Miami both looking like they should be out of the top 25, does Clemson play any ranked teams in their division?

Clemson looks like they have it made, easily, for the next few years in winning their division and making the playoffs. I will need to look up what their strength of schedule is.

Woof!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Well, he did ask about "their division" but Clemson sure needs to beat ATM this Saturday for preception sake now more than ever.
I just looked at their schedule. It seems Texas AM and South Carolina will be Clemson's two toughest teams, and I think they will win them both. It would be nice to see Clemson lose a game though. Especially if someone in ACC can beat them. I really meant to ask about Clemson's conference, not division :)

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I just looked at their schedule. It seems Texas AM and South Carolina will be Clemson's two toughest teams, and I think they will win them both. It would be nice to see Clemson lose a game though. I really meant to ask about Clemson's conference, not division :)
Good point. Sorry about that - I misread your post. :pDT_sad:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Boston College is the popular pick to upset Clemson at the moment.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If Saban were to hang it up after this year, I'd go first to Dabo, then David Shaw. For different reasons, I think both would probably stay put, but I'd make them tell me, "Thanks, but no thanks."

After that, Fuente would next.

I hope Saban stays for a lot more years, and lots of things can change between now and that sad day. But as of now, that's my pecking order.
I would be on board with that pecking order too.

There was no comparison to how FSU and VT looked coming out in the first quarter. Preparation, attention to detail, execution were night and day comparing the two and that's on the HCs.

FWIW, I didn't think VT made very good in game adjustments though. But there's no question that came out in the first quarter looking like a well coached team on both sides of the ball.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Someone needs to help me out with this. How does the following equate to getting hired at Oregon and FSU?

Western Kentucky 16-20
South Florida 24-25

So a 40-45 overall record gets you hired at Oregon where he went 7-5 and had some off season scandals involving workout. That apparently is good enough to get you hired at what's supposed to be a premiere job in America. I'm in the wrong industry..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
After last night, one of my friends posted "after seeing FSU play, it looks like the UF/FSU game might finally be competitive again..."

:biggrin:

(sorry Bazza...)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
After last night, one of my friends posted "after seeing FSU play, it looks like the UF/FSU game might finally be competitive again..."

:biggrin:

(sorry Bazza...)
Thanks, Brad.....that's a good one!

Every program has it's ups and downs.

Gotta grin and bear it either way.

I like what I'm seeing right now at Florida.

Exciting!

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
A lot of credit has to go to VA Tech. With the coaching staff in place they've always had to do a lot with a little. They typically have a few decent skill players and above average QB play and great defensive coaching from Bud Foster, but talent wise they are never in the same stratosphere as FSU, Miami, or Clemson. If they could have a season where they beat big names like they just did with FSU they could get a recruiting bump and then the wheels on that bus could really get moving.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.