Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Kyler is coached to do those things; he's too valuable to get hurt trying for a yard or two; it's an anti football concept as i learned it myself, but that is what is coming to the rest of football; come back for a bigger play, which he often does rather than end your season over a yard or two gain so you can look tough.......the payoff isn't there. Even being an OU fan I have a hard time with the sliding, etc. but that is the wave to be like it or not, it pays off in the short and long run; unless you have another Kylar Murry on the sideline and who knew two in a row, Baker sure didn't slide (much); he was a hitter and it didn't cost him anything. Kyler is rated in some circles as the best high school player ever or the best HS QB ever, don't think he got that by sliding and running out of bounds; it's a strategy now, but people know that it just makes it easy to critisize; as said I don't like it myself but the results are hard to argue with; Tua; had he had a typical game for him going into the final week, probably would have won easily as expected; I did hear on the radio that Bama's first few (six of so) opponents Defenses avg. 84th in rank .........just sayin.
You'll never see me criticizing a QB for sliding. KM's height is given as 5'9". From viewing him at the HT gala, I'd say that's very generous. You probably wouldn't know this, but Tua re-injured his knee - by sliding!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Kyler is coached to do those things; he's too valuable to get hurt trying for a yard or two; it's an anti football concept as i learned it myself, but that is what is coming to the rest of football; come back for a bigger play, which he often does rather than end your season over a yard or two gain so you can look tough.......the payoff isn't there. Even being an OU fan I have a hard time with the sliding, etc. but that is the wave to be like it or not, it pays off in the short and long run; unless you have another Kylar Murry on the sideline and who knew two in a row, Baker sure didn't slide (much); he was a hitter and it didn't cost him anything. Kyler is rated in some circles as the best high school player ever or the best HS QB ever, don't think he got that by sliding and running out of bounds; it's a strategy now, but people know that it just makes it easy to critisize; as said I don't like it myself but the results are hard to argue with; Tua; had he had a typical game for him going into the final week, probably would have won easily as expected; I did hear on the radio that Bama's first few (six of so) opponents Defenses avg. 84th in rank .........just sayin.
Um, check Oklahoma's rank... :D

LINK

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.