Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think rgw is meaning Tua eventually has to play in the fourth quarter, not that he can't get to NYC without playing in the fourth quarter.
Yes, that's how I understood it too.

As I said, he's probably right, but I think it's possible AND if it happens that way (because we've had such a lead he didn't need to play) that it's another feather in his cap for the Heisman.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think rgw is meaning Tua eventually has to play in the fourth quarter, not that he can't get to NYC without playing in the fourth quarter.
Had not considered that - not sure that I agree because Alabama is very, very good, but I get the idea that Alabama is likely to be tested before the CFP.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Although Tua hasn't played in the 4th quarter if we look at polls and Vegas odds each week we see Tua's chances increasing, not decreasing for the Heisman, so it seems a lot of people don't care that he's not playing 4 quarters. Can the polls and Vegas be wrong? It's possible but I think not.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I wish the very best for all these young men. My number one wish is for the U of A team and staff all the way down to the office personnel. Sure I am pulling for Tua to win that award, but I am pulling for the big enchilada first. The NC #18. Tua has another year at least. Here is to hoping that Tua can be the first Heisman winner in recent memory that won the award and did not play in the 4th Qtr. May be a pipe dream but.....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Here is to hoping that Tua can be the first Heisman winner in recent memory that won the award and did not play in the 4th Qtr. May be a pipe dream but.....
Without researching it, I'd say that's NEVER happened...not once. That's why it would be so special.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
UnOfficial Assistant Coaches on taking care of Tua and other topics on the bye week;

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Reasoning? He is the leader now without taking more than a few snaps in the 3rd quarter. The Heisman has awarded many players without the best stats, especially QBs on undefeated teams.
Because he's not going to get there without playing the 4th quarter once even if we win every game through the award week.

Because he's not going to get there without playing the 4th quarter once even if we win every game through the award week.
There’s a reason why he’s way out front now and it doesn’t have anything anything to do with how many quarters he’s plays. He’s only averaging about 2 and 1/4 qtrs through 8 games. It’s the quality. You don’t see the struggles. He’s basically doing what others are doing through four. You don’t see him struggling against the Army Knights of the world. (Go Army!) I’m sure we will see him go through a full game at some point.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Without playing in the 4th quarter Tua has tied a school record with three 300+ yard passing games in a season. I imagine the other 3 (Hollingsworth, Barker, and McCarron) had to play some in the 4th. When a guy can tie or break records like that without playing in the 4th he must be something special and definitely Heisman worthy.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Not saying he won't play in the 4th qtr but imo if Bama continues to beat people the way they do he'll not have play in the 4th to win it. No way Saban plays him up 50-16 etc etc. He is in the lead now without playing any of the 4th.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If he keeps playing like he is playing he will maybe see the 4th qrt in 3 games, SECCG playoff and title game. Heisman comes before title game so he may only play 2 times in 4th qrt.But his stats so far playing in just over 2 qrt's a game match or exceed guys who play in the 4th every week. Now who can deny he is best if he can do in 2 qrts what it takes others 4 qrts to do? It will be a first in the history of the heisman, but really if he can rack these stats in half games it says he is by far the best.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
If he plays like he has been...it won't matter. I honestly think that is part of his "storyline" for the Heisman anyway.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Kyler Murray is a real threat
I agree. I hope Tua can win the award, but would not be surprised if it is given to Kyler Murray in a close one.. he will be playing baseball next year while Tua can still win it next year. I'd rather Tua give us the National Championship this year if I had to choose one or the other.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.