Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
I think when we’re discussing the Heisman, we can just assume that most here would want to win the title if choosing between the two. Nothing wrong with wanting both though.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Care to expound on your reasoning?
All I mean is that we will play one or more games from November 4 through the potential championship weekend that we play a game where the margin never allows for subbing him out for the game.

Edit: We're also a better running team with Tua on the field so I imagine against more capable opponents that he stays in there just to maintain the pass threat which has enable our run game this year.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
All I mean is that we will play one or more games from November 4 through the potential championship weekend that we play a game where the margin never allows for subbing him out for the game.

Edit: We're also a better running team with Tua on the field so I imagine against more capable opponents that he stays in there just to maintain the pass threat which has enable our run game this year.
OK. That's what I thought you meant. However, should fortune smile on us and he's not required in the 4th quarter all year, I think he can win...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Agreed but I just find it unlikely because the competition being as such. He's almost needed to play against the two better SEC teams we've played but they pulled him a bit early in the Mizzou after a scare and the margin was just on the nose to get Jalen out there in the 3rd quarter against Aggy.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Kyler Murray has the easier path. I agree that Tua is ahead right now and if he continues to play at his present level then he will win. BUT, I don’t think he can afford to have a bad game.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
ESPN's Heisman watch list has Gardner Minshew below Tua, Murray and Haskins. How wild would it be if he had come here instead?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I kind of figured that the LSU D, in a losing effort, would bring Tua down out of the stratosphere. Kyler Murray has passed Tua in total efficiency per latest NCAA stats as of this past weekend. Kyler has a rating of 216.6 and Tua has one of 215.2

State has the second best scoring D in the nation. It will be interesting to see if Tua lights it up this coming Saturday and if he can reclaim the high ground statistically over KM.

I definitely still like Tua’s chances of winning the heisman, but I think KM may make it interesting.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I kind of figured that the LSU D, in a losing effort, would bring Tua down out of the stratosphere. Kyler Murray has passed Tua in total efficiency per latest NCAA stats as of this past weekend. Kyler has a rating of 216.6 and Tua has one of 215.2

State has the second best scoring D in the nation. It will be interesting to see if Tua lights it up this coming Saturday and if he can reclaim the high ground statistically over KM.

I definitely still like Tua’s chances of winning the heisman, but I think KM may make it interesting.
I think if Tua has similar games against MSU and Georgia as he did against LSU, and we win, he will be a landslide Heisman winner even if the efficiency numbers remain behind Murray. There are no living defenses in the Big 12. They've all assumed room temperature at this point.

*I purposely did not list Auburn because I think we'll maul them. I think MSU and Georgia will put up similar efforts as LSU, with similar difficulties for our WRs to overcome and thus the numbers are going to be a bit off the pace. I think we'll be so amped up to play Auburn after last year that Tua and company are going to torch their defense. I'm hoping for a 400+ yard effort. Maybe he can set the record for single game TD passes as well.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wonder how much the Heisman voters will actually look at the defenses each of the QB have played against--and take that into consideration.

What is the best Defense Kyler Murray will face/has faced? I think the trophy will be between Kyler and Tua. Hopefully Tua will stay healthy and win the Heisman and another National Championship (team)!

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I think if Tua has similar games against MSU and Georgia as he did against LSU, and we win, he will be a landslide Heisman winner even if the efficiency numbers remain behind Murray. There are no living defenses in the Big 12. They've all assumed room temperature at this point.

*I purposely did not list Auburn because I think we'll maul them. I think MSU and Georgia will put up similar efforts as LSU, with similar difficulties for our WRs to overcome and thus the numbers are going to be a bit off the pace. I think we'll be so amped up to play Auburn after last year that Tua and company are going to torch their defense. I'm hoping for a 400+ yard effort. Maybe he can set the record for single game TD passes as well.
I have to think that Malzahn is especially dreadful of that game this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I still think Kyler Murray is a threat. Dude is putting up some unreal numbers too. He's clearly not as good of a passer as Tua though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.