Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Statistically, Murray has been better all season long. His numbers are astonishing. If Tua had played most of the games all season he would likely have bigger numbers than Murray, but KM has been simply amazing all season long.
Yes he has, and I’ve said from the beginning of the season that he is a serious contender. Who would you say is now the front runner in the eyes of the voters?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Murray gained some ground, but had Okie State won he would have lost ground. Tua is still in the lead, but he's still has work to do.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I think deep down, Tua probably thinks the team is more important than the Heisman. That is his make up being a Christian. I personally think the Heisman is the most overrated award. I am a team guy. I don't care what individual trophy's you can get. I just want Alabama to win and I am sure that is what Saban wants to happen. There will be a Heisman winner this year but if Tua wins it and Alabama doesn't win the NC, It really doesn't mean anything. Tua can't do it by himself.

GuessJ

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 11, 2018
Tua's still the front runner for the Heisman. He will 'likely' do some 'repair' work on his Season stats in the Citadel game -- IE: Go 8/8, 9/10 or something similar for a couple hundred yards or so and a few TD's. Something to help bring his Average QBR up some, Efficiency up some, COMP percentage, total TD's, TD/INT ratio and so on.

But here's the bottom line with the Heisman race. It's Tua's to lose. Basically as long as Tua continues to START for Alabama and Alabama doesn't LOSE -- Tua wins. Even with 66-67% games (as we only have 2 left).

Some people don't realize the Heisman trophy is A LOT more than just stats,.. it's emotionally driven, it's who has been talked about the most,.. who is the most charming in front of the cameras, the most likeable, who is on the team with the least losses (BIG ONE),.. Is anyone in the running on a team headed to the playoffs? Who is on the Highest ranked team?

Also, Tua's Heisman campaign (sort of unfairly) started last season (but this year) when he came off the bench to carry Bama to win the NC Game. People can deny it all they want, but 870 of the voters are media members and they are going to vote off of what the FEEL combined with who has looked impressive etc. That is Tua.. Tua has been locked into the majority of voters minds for many weeks now and basically the only way Tua could fall behind Murray is for Bama to lose leading up to the SECCG. (The voters get their ballets before the SECCG and many, if not most , will vote before that game is played because.. again.. they've made up their minds).

I'm of the camp that the NC is MUCH more important than any individual award.. but Tua will still grab that Heisman on his way.. The obvious competition next year will be Trevor Lawrence and Providing Tua doesn't get hurt next year he should RUN away with that one even more dominantly, imo.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I've been saying that he needs to play the remaining games to win the trophy. If he sits out a game, then it would cost him first place votes. He can seal the Heisman next weekend of he throws over 200 yards and no interceptions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Funny thing about Kyler Murray, he never impressed me while he was at tamu. But the kid has just blossomed at Oklahoma. Just goes to show that the system and organization that you are a part of CAN make a huge difference.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Funny thing about Kyler Murray, he never impressed me while he was at tamu. But the kid has just blossomed at Oklahoma. Just goes to show that the system and organization that you are a part of CAN make a huge difference.
Well, that and a lack of defense in the Big 12.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just wanted to reinforce the fact that Tua is STILL the front-runner in Vegas.

He did take a hit to his lead though. Dropped from -1000 to -450 while Murray improved from +600 to +500.

Keep in mind though that Tua at -450 is still a huge lead and twice as large as any lead he had before the L8U game. So he's in great shape still.

We just need to get back on track, keep him healthy, and hope he has Two good/great showings against AU and UGA.... he does that and it's still his Trophy.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just wanted to reinforce the fact that Tua is STILL the front-runner in Vegas.

He did take a hit to his lead though. Dropped from -1000 to -450 while Murray improved from +600 to +500.

Keep in mind though that Tua at -450 is still a huge lead and twice as large as any lead he had before the L8U game. So he's in great shape still.

We just need to get back on track, keep him healthy, and hope he has Two good/great showings against AU and UGA.... he does that and it's still his Trophy.

Actually, This weekend counts too. he just need to show that he is fine, throws over 200 yards... this weekend.. and then against auburn, he should have a solid game... and that's all he needs to win the Heisman. I don't think Georgia game would've matter... because voters tend to make up their mind before SEC championship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.