Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Over 1,300 yards of total offense in that defenseless mess of a Big 12 game.

Might as well just give it to every starting Oklahoma quarterback in that system. They've already given it to 3, now they're trying to convince us that #4 deserves it. Please, literally every full time Oklahoma QB in that system lights it up (except that part time wide receiver).

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Over 1,300 yards of total offense in that defenseless mess of a Big 12 game.

Might as well just give it to every starting Oklahoma quarterback in that system. They've already given it to 3, now they're trying to convince us that #4 deserves it. Please, literally every full time Oklahoma QB in that system lights it up (except that part time wide receiver).
I don't completely disagree but I think you're overstating it. Baker, Bradford and Kyler are all very good QBs.

You could use the same argument against our RBs

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Unfortunately a lot of people are going to just look at Murray's stats and not HOW he got them.

Tua is going to have to GO OFF on Auburn to keep his current lead. Anything less than a shining MVP performance and it's going to be an almost dead heat going into Championship weekend.

It's not fair that context doesn't matter but whatever.

Tua still controls his destiny and all eyes will be on the SECCG UGA rematch. If he dazzles there I still think he wins.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't completely disagree but I think you're overstating it. Baker, Bradford and Kyler are all very good QBs.
What about Jason White and Heisman runner up Josh Heupel? How can I overstate the fact that a full time starter there has an extremely high chance of making it to New York? That's just reality, and it's obviously not because they have a bunch of superstar QBs. Bradford got cut and Mayfield as of right now is one of the NFL's lower rated passers. It's not like they're producing superstars, but they're darn trying to give them all Heismans.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
What about Jason White and Heisman runner up Josh Heupel? How can I overstate the fact that a full time starting there has an extremely high chance of making it to New York? That's just reality, and it's obviously not because they have a bunch of superstar QBs. Bradford got cut and Mayfield as of right now is one of the NFL's lower rated passers. It's not like they're producing superstars, but they're darn trying to give them all Heismans.
This just reads of someone who doesn't pay attention to the NFL much. Bradford if healthy was probably going to be a good if not great NFL QB. Mayfield while imperfect has certainly flashed. Kyler Murray is VERY talented. Yes the system helps(Lincoln Riley is brilliant offensively) but that doesn't mean those guys aren't talented. Plenty of advanced stats that show theyre/were good.

Landry Jones = system QB. Bradford/Mayfield/Murray = legitimately talented

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Depends on how we win. But if we win it probably means Tua played well enough to win the Heisman
Even if he doesn't win, as long as Alabama wins he won't care and neither will you.

I would rather be Tua on Alabama as the favorite to win the national championship than Murray on OU, who likely won't make the playoffs and will get crushed if they do.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Even if he doesn't win, as long as Alabama wins he won't care and neither will you.

I would rather be Tua on Alabama as the favorite to win the national championship that Murray on OU, who likely won't make the playoffs and will get crushed if they do.
Agreed. But can't lie I'd prefer 30-0 and 2 Heismans to 30-0 and only 1. I'm greedy

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Saban is aware of the Heisman situation and will give Tua every opportunity to excel against Auburn. After the Citadel game Saban made the comment that the fans come to see Tua play, implying that was one reason he decided to play him in that game, so he is aware what the fans want and he knows the fans want him to win the Heisman. I think when we're a 24 point favorite almost any game plan should work so why not let him throw?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.