Tua's Heisman Campaign watch - Page 3
Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Re: Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    I expect Tua to get ample playing time. Bama fatigue is his biggest opponent in the Heisman race.
    I honestly don't think that will play a factor. This is a unique situation where even rival fans and/or 'Bama Haters' admit that Tua is fun to watch.

He's just a likable and charismatic dude that makes electric WOW plays one after another.

Kirk Herbstreit and Gary Danielson both have major man-crushes already too so he's going to get positive national coverage all year long.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_N_Va View Post
    I remember some years ago Ingram and Richardson were having a good year and all the talk for the week leading up to the South Carolina game was what their nicknames would be, Salt/Pepper, Fast/Furious, etc. I remember Bama getting blown out too, the score never reflected the true domination or total lack of focus from the Bama side. I'll tell you one thing, didn't hear any talk about nicknames after that game and hence why I'm not liking Heisman talk THIS EARLY in the year. Its just another form of Rat Poison to me...
    Good thing you donít actually play on the team or Bama would be in trouble. Lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

For those talking about Jalen being in the game too much, all Tua has to do is come up huge in Bamaís big games. Thatís all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_N_Va View Post
    I remember some years ago Ingram and Richardson were having a good year and all the talk for the week leading up to the South Carolina game was what their nicknames would be, Salt/Pepper, Fast/Furious, etc. I remember Bama getting blown out too, the score never reflected the true domination or total lack of focus from the Bama side. I'll tell you one thing, didn't hear any talk about nicknames after that game and hence why I'm not liking Heisman talk THIS EARLY in the year. Its just another form of Rat Poison to me...
    Bama blown out?! Bull! Lost by 14 yes but they were within 7 in the fourth quarter plus Bama led in total yards and first downs. That isnít a blow out in my book. I digress from the original post.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Bama blown out?! Bull! Lost by 14 yes but they were within 7 in the fourth quarter plus Bama led in total yards and first downs. That isn’t a blow out in my book. I digress from the original post.
    We give so much grief about that 2010 year, but it's not like we were miles away. Injuries to the wrong people did us in more than anything else.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I honestly don't think that will play a factor. This is a unique situation where even rival fans and/or 'Bama Haters' admit that Tua is fun to watch.

He's just a likable and charismatic dude that makes electric WOW plays one after another.

Kirk Herbstreit and Gary Danielson both have major man-crushes already too so he's going to get positive national coverage all year long.
    There were some people that for whatever reason did not want Peyton Manning to win the Heisman. So I hope you are right. You’re definitely right about Herbstreit and Danielson.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

As long Tua is Tua...I honestly think it is in the bag.

I think he "won" the Heisman with the TD pass in the national championship game. That was so big that it carried over to this season. So he already started with such high praise. Just listen to Kirk and Fowler during the game. They LOVE him.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    There were some people that for whatever reason did not want Peyton Manning to win the Heisman. So I hope you are right. You’re definitely right about Herbstreit and Danielson.
    That was a different era. The SEC, and Alabama in particular, have so thoroughly dominated the college football scene for the past 15 years or so that it's hard for anyone to deny the best football is played "here." In the 90s, it was a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    We give so much grief about that 2010 year, but it's not like we were miles away. Injuries to the wrong people did us in more than anything else.
    Exactly. Just ask Michigan State how it feels.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    As long Tua is Tua...I honestly think it is in the bag.

I think he "won" the Heisman with the TD pass in the national championship game. That was so big that it carried over to this season. So he already started with such high praise. Just listen to Kirk and Fowler during the game. They LOVE him.
    He hasn't won it, just yet, but I think your are correct to point out that the memory of the NC game is what is setting him up as the betting favorite. While the betting favorite is one thing, it does impact the media's thinking about it and that's were most of the voters are.

FWIW, I don't think his season could have started any better.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    He hasn't won it, just yet, but I think your are correct to point out that the memory of the NC game is what is setting him up as the betting favorite. While the betting favorite is one thing, it does impact the media's thinking about it and that's were most of the voters are.

FWIW, I don't think his season could have started any better.
    I agree, that is why he just needs to stay healthy and I think it will all work out. He is just too special to not be impressive down the stretch. I think he will probably be one of the most hyped Alabama players in a very long time.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar

The upside of Jalen playing earlier is that Tua will have less wear and tear on his body. If he stays healthy and keeps us undefeated he will be in the conversation at the end.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    If he and Jalen both play in most games, Tua may not have the numbers this year for Heisman--next year he will definitely be a candidate if he stays healthy.

I would rather him lead BAMA to another National Championship this year if it was one or the other. He does need to stay humble and tune out all the good noise about him from the media. I think he will do just that.
    Based on his interview at the end of the NC game, Iíd say he is very humble......... and no doubt his parents instilled that in him. Heís a well spoken guy and gives credit to his teammates....... yeah, I agree. He will do it......