Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Thanks largely to the efforts of Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama has done in mostly 3 quarters of play what has not been achieved since the 19th century: outscoring their first 12 opponents by more than 20 points each. This was last achieved by Walter Camp's Yale Bulldogs in 1888.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks largely to the efforts of Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama has done in mostly 3 quarters of play what has not been achieved since the 19th century: outscoring their first 12 opponents by more than 20 points each. This was last achieved by Walter Camp's Yale Bulldogs in 1888.
And back then they used to play high schools, elks clubs, etc.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeah this is over. He just put on a performance that was Heisman moment after Heisman moment against a Defense in tight coverage and mugging WR's all night.

He's straight up MAGIC on the football field and elevates the play of and brings out the best in ALL of his teammates.

I've never in my life seen a Better College QB or a more deserving Heisman Winner. This should be a LANDSLIDE.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Here's my take on this, and I might as well say both here.

A: If Tua has anything short of a complete meltdown against Georgia, he deserves the Heisman. I don't care if he goes 13-31 for 131 yards and only 1 TD, if he isn't just giving the ball to the other team over and over, his body of work dictates that he wins the Heisman.

B: If Alabama has anything short of a complete meltdown against Georgia, they deserve to be in the playoff. I don't care if they lost by 3 scores, they're the first team since 1888 to win 12 games by 20+. They've dominated the competition, and that should mean something.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here's my take on this, and I might as well say both here.

A: If Tua has anything short of a complete meltdown against Georgia, he deserves the Heisman. I don't care if he goes 13-31 for 131 yards and only 1 TD, if he isn't just giving the ball to the other team over and over, his body of work dictates that he wins the Heisman.

B: If Alabama has anything short of a complete meltdown against Georgia, they deserve to be in the playoff. I don't care if they lost by 3 scores, they're the first team since 1888 to win 12 games by 20+. They've dominated the competition, and that should mean something.
Just win!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Just went over to bleacher report. According to their latest blog post, Tua is still behind KM in the race despite his phenomenal showing today. Of course, they just quoted stats, like total passing yds and rushing yards and failed to add any context.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think this game basically gave it to Tua. He'd have to have a bad game and Kyler would have to have an unbelievable game.

Regardless, Tua is freaking incredible. The 3rd quarter was probably the best quarter of his career

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just went over to bleacher report. According to their latest blog post, Tua is still behind KM in the race despite his phenomenal showing today. Of course, they just quoted stats, like total passing yds and rushing yards and failed to add any context.
I'm not an insider and even I know this can't be right. For one thing, far more people have actually watched Tua than Murray. The SEC gets better ratings than the Big 12, typically. We've got a better TV package. So that makes a difference. The Heisman odds have been heavily in Tua's favor most all of the year. That's not going to change after this week.

Frankly, Auburn's defense is much better than West Virginia, and Tua toyed with them today.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Tua deserves it but I think Kyler will win due to Bama fatigue and voters not caring about the defenses Kyler has played against.

Hope I’m wrong . I really want Tua to win!!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'm not an insider and even I know this can't be right. For one thing, far more people have actually watched Tua than Murray. The SEC gets better ratings than the Big 12, typically. We've got a better TV package. So that makes a difference. The Heisman odds have been heavily in Tua's favor most all of the year. That's not going to change after this week.

Frankly, Auburn's defense is much better than West Virginia, and Tua toyed with them today.
It may not be, I’m just passing along the information that this was on their website.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Tonight was HISTORIC ladies and gents. Tua Broke 4 School records and extended a 5th so.....

Might as well update last weeks Tua's Record Breaking Watch:

Tua is knocking on the door of several records right now with up to 3 games left to play....

Passing TD's Single Season - 36 (1st) New & Ongoing
Total TD's Single Season - 41 (1st) - New Record - Broke Record of 36 by Jalen 2016

Passing Yards Single Season - 3,189 (2nd) Record is 3,487 by Sims 2014
Total Offense Single Season - 3,400 (3rd) Record is 3,837 by Sims 2014

Career Total TD's - 54 (47 Passing + 7 Rushing) (4th) Record is 80 by AJ
Career Passing TD's - 47 (2nd)!!!!! Record is 77 by AJ

Total TD's in a Single Game - 6 (1st) New Record
Passing TD's in a Single Game - 5 (1st Tied) New Record
Amount of 4 TD passing games in one season - 5 times (1st) New Record

He's going to be 1st in every single category except Career and Total TD's by season end. Next year he will break AJ's records.

Right now he's coming for Blake's Season Passing and Total Yardage records. He has a shot to break them against UGA but will almost certainly smash them in the CFP.

This is just insanity!!!! He's officially only started 12 games!! He's about to crack the Top 10 CAREER list for Passing Yards and Total Yards.....

Then....looking at next year.....Tua's on pace to climb the whole list and easily pass AJ Records for Career Passing Yardage and Total Yardage in TWO seasons starting. 30 Starts vs AJ's 40.

It's truly something special we are witnessing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.