Tua's Heisman Campaign watch - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    As long Tua is Tua...I honestly think it is in the bag.

I think he "won" the Heisman with the TD pass in the national championship game. That was so big that it carried over to this season. So he already started with such high praise. Just listen to Kirk and Fowler during the game. They LOVE him.
    It really depends on where WVU is. If they are 13-0 then Im going to say Will Grier gets it over Tua unless Tua breaks some serious records.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    It really depends on where WVU is. If they are 13-0 then Im going to say Will Grier gets it over Tua unless Tua breaks some serious records.
    WVU has a history of choking in seasons where they are in the National conversation. I expect them to lose to both TCU and Oklahaoma and someone they have no business losing to and finish 9-3.

Tua will have comparable gaudy numbers against much tougher competition and we will most likely be 13-0. That should be enough to take Grier out of it and especially if bad play on his part plays a role in 2-3 losses.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    So you think that what people post on Tidefans directly affects how the players perform?

Feel free to discuss what you want, but I'm a bit less superstitious.
    So, we may have to agree to disagree, but I think in 2010 the players did listen to all the hype, it was ALL over social media and ESPN talking heads went on and on about it. So yes, I do think it affected the players. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. If all you hear is how great you are, one tends to get an ego problem....

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson White View Post
    ehhh. You are on the SEC Rant Alabama website with a similar username aren't you?

What you think about Tua now?
    I wouldn't bet $300 on this if I were you!!!!

As to what I think about Tua? I think our O stank last year, its not the kind of football I like to see. Told my buddies at halftime of game against GA if Tua starts second half, we have a chance... I wanted a "different" style of O last year about mid season...

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Exactly. Just ask Michigan State how it feels.
    Yes, the guys were clearly focused in that game which just goes to prove my point about rat poison heisman talk...

I love that game BTW.

I really hope some of you don't use the phrase "rat poison" in everyday life like you do when it comes to talking Alabama football.

"Teacher said I was doing well in class, and she's proud of how I'm doing!"

"Listen, kid... Don't believe that rat poison nonsense!! Go to your room and study another 5 hours!"
    Last edited by RTR91; September 4th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I really hope some of you don't use the phrase "rat poison" in everyday life like you do when it comes to talking Alabama football.

"Listen, kid... Don't believe that rat poison nonsense!! Go to your room and study another 5 hours!"
    I don't, trust me. Some things are only worth it for major items... In work, things are "nit noise"...

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

"Anderson, that was a great job completing that software rollout last week, keep up the good work!"

"Gee thanks boss, but that kind of talk is just rat poison. I'm just going to get my nose back to that grindstone."

BamaNation All-SEC

the best player on the best team usually wins the heisman unless the best teams dont have a standout, dominant best player. Tua has a much better shot to win a heisman right now than Ingram did at this point in the year. He's definitely the most likely player in the SEC based on that criteria. I think we'll have a lot better idea in 3 or 4 weeks though.

BamaNation All-American

I think he likely gets an invite. But it's going to be hard to put up the numbers needed if he is going to be taken out of the game so early. If our defense has some struggles then he will have a better chance.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Skeeterpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    If Tua wins the Heisman, can you imagine that level of interest we will start getting from the best QB prospects in the nation. It's the one position we haven't been able to sign under CNS consistently...but this could change all that.
    I will have to respectfully disagree with this. We have been getting one of the top QBs in the country every year. Rankings and ratings dont always pan out. But Bama has not failed to sign the best of the best QB prospects for several years.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I am not stupersticious or anything but I always hold my breath when I see threads like this. The kid has been a phenom since he stepped on campus and finally we get to see him light it up. But dude is only one game into his career as a starter and he has already missed some time this year due to an injury. He plays with reckless abandon which I love but man, seeing him lie flat on his back right after his first touchdown pass Saturday night had me pacing. Let us all pray that the young man makes it through the season unscathed because he will be targeted all season.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American

despite being pulled i think he can still have the numbers. We have WR's streaking all over the field and Tua is able to get it to them. He will have several games where he has 3 td's at halftime.