Tua's Heisman Campaign watch - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Re: Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

The bottom line is that Tua's Heisman campaign will intersect with where we want the team to be. As long as Alabama's undefeated and he has incredible efficiency, he can be in the discussion.

I'm not sure many people remember this because of his regression, but Gary Danielson got on the broadcast before the Auburn game and called Hurts a darkhorse Heisman candidate. That was fairly accurate to, put his numbers next to Khalil Tate, one of the leading candidates this year. Tua just needs to have good games on big stages and he'll have a legit campaign, he doesn't need to throw for 4,000 yards for 40 TDs.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    FB|BB Moderator

I hope Tua wins all the prizes. But's a little early yet.

Let's revisit after UTe, and see how things stand. Revisit again after LSU.

It'll be serious then. Or not.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation First Team

Probably going to revist this every week. Just compare his stats vs others. Right now Will Grier has the better stats. Of course Tua has some of the more wow plays.

BamaNation First Team BamaBoySince89's Avatar

Itís entirely possible if...

1. Tua stays healthy
    2. Tua plays past 3rd quarter in blowouts (Assuming Jalen doesnít cut into his stats/PT)
    3. WV doesnít play for a Big XII Title, killing Grierís chances
    4. Bama fatigue doesnít dominate the player awards at the end of the year

BamaNation All-American

I hope it is clear by the Tennessee game that Tua is in the thick of the race and Saban lets him go off and post better or at least comparable numbers to Grier's.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    The bottom line is that Tua's Heisman campaign will intersect with where we want the team to be. As long as Alabama's undefeated and he has incredible efficiency, he can be in the discussion.

I'm not sure many people remember this because of his regression, but Gary Danielson got on the broadcast before the Auburn game and called Hurts a darkhorse Heisman candidate. That was fairly accurate to, put his numbers next to Khalil Tate, one of the leading candidates this year. Tua just needs to have good games on big stages and he'll have a legit campaign, he doesn't need to throw for 4,000 yards for 40 TDs.
    Which he very well may. Maybe not the passing yards, but it largely depends on how games go.

I agree with your premise. If Bama keeps winning, and he consistently performs as he's capable, it is almost a given he'll be in NY. He has that "it" factor. We all see it.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Which he very well may. Maybe not the passing yards, but it largely depends on how games go.

I agree with your premise. If Bama keeps winning, and he consistently performs as he's capable, it is almost a given he'll be in NY. He has that "it" factor. We all see it.
    At this point I would be shocked if he ends up without an invite. Obviously its way to early but if he plays like he has so far he will get an invite. He can defintiely win it while only throwing for 200 yards a game and 3 total tds but it will be harder if someone like Grier puts up 400 yards and 5 TDs consistently while also have WVU as a top 10ish team. Grier would need to have some bad games against teams like OU

Current Heisman odds after week 1

Tua 4-1

Wil Grier 5-1

Dwayne Haskins 6-1
    Last edited by PA Tide Fan; September 5th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

deleted

BamaNation All-American

i'd be shocked if he didnt throw for well over 200 per game.. i dont think the stats will be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    At this point I would be shocked if he ends up without an invite. Obviously its way to early but if he plays like he has so far he will get an invite. He can defintiely win it while only throwing for 200 yards a game and 3 total tds but it will be harder if someone like Grier puts up 400 yards and 5 TDs consistently while also have WVU as a top 10ish team. Grier would need to have some bad games against teams like OU

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think it's a little early to start the Heisman conversation.
    ( It's ok if others talk it up )
    We need to concentrate on decisively beating each opponent.
    When we get ahead, we need to keep our foot on the other teams throat.
    Do that and we ought to be in the Playoffs, and maybe win another National Championship. If we are able to do all of that, Tua will probably bring home the Heisman.
    What do yall think? Would a Heisman sitting on Daddy's Coffee Table inspire little brother to work even harder? YEP...

BamaNation First Team

http://m.espn.com/ncf/heisman?src=desktop

According to this article Tua is in fifth place atm. Though I doubt the dt will get any real consideration come vote time.