Tua's Heisman Campaign watch - Page 6
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Tua's Heisman Campaign watch

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    http://m.espn.com/ncf/heisman?src=desktop

According to this article Tua is in fifth place atm. Though I doubt the dt will get any real consideration come vote time.
    I see the RB and DT dropping out and it being the top 5 QBs. If CNS does not put Halen in too early each game then I see Tua moving up.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I hope it is clear by the Tennessee game that Tua is in the thick of the race and Saban lets him go off and post better or at least comparable numbers to Grier's.
    And if he should get hurt while running up his stats, how does that help Bama out the next week, or the week after???
    Last edited by Bama_N_Va; September 15th, 2018 at 08:33 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    http://m.espn.com/ncf/heisman?src=desktop

According to this article Tua is in fifth place atm. Though I doubt the dt will get any real consideration come vote time.
    ESPN's poll is really a single collective mind voting. What I mean is that they are a group of voters with the same set of influences and biases. That causes their votes to all sway together, like a tree in the wind. The actual voters are all over the country with influences and biases that vary greatly. Their votes will also sway in the wind, but the wind will come from all kinds of directions. Also keep in mind that ESPN actually wants to be a part of the story (not just report it), so they are pushing candidates instead of simply voting for the guys having the best seasons (just look at all of the stories about Oliver so far this year).

This is just my way of saying that the ESPN Heisman poll is pretty much a complete waste of time. They will eventually start voting based on who they think will actually win the award, at which point it will stop looking insane.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

He could take a huge step today.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    He could take a huge step today.
    I'm a big Tua fan and thought last year he was the better qb (and caught a lot of flak for it) but I hope today we have a heavy dose of running backs showing off, which would probably mean we're running clock and keeping their offense off the field. A good passing game, though, helps to sell that, and we have that this year. When those linebackers cheat up today, Tagovailoa will be more able to take advantage of receivers slanting into that area the lb just vacated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson White View Post
    I'm a big Tua fan and thought last year he was the better qb (and caught a lot of flak for it) but I hope today we have a heavy dose of running backs showing off, which would probably mean we're running clock and keeping their offense off the field. A good passing game, though, helps to sell that, and we have that this year. When those linebackers cheat up today, Tagovailoa will be more able to take advantage of receivers slanting into that area the lb just vacated.
    Thatís true. Good point. Youíve changed my mind. Still, I hope he torches them. We could easily score 70 points by what we look at on paper.

BamaNation First Team

https://www.newsday.com/sports/colle...2018-1.5892526

Another article for your enjoyment or cringeness depending on your view

BamaNation First Team superbamashane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    Tua will win the Heisman IF he is given enough playing time. My concern would be that coach pulls him too early in games before he can put up the big numbers needed.
    This.... Our tendancy to let off the gas will keep him from getting the trophy.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    If winning was easy, Auburn could do it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Heisman campaigns don't really start until you win some conference games in my opinion...
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superbamashane View Post
    This.... Our tendancy to let off the gas will keep him from getting the trophy.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    That’s my fear. I personally do not believe that Saban will let our guys score 70 on anybody.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Sorry to bump an older topic but I suppose this is a topic that is going to pick up steam further into the season.

This page has updated stats (but not updated blurbs at the time I'm posting this):
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/

Murray had a slow game in a sloppy overtime win, so Tua was able to match his yards and TD totals while having a better rating. Haskins has been throwing a ton of TDs and he could end up being the one giving Tua a lot of trouble since we know Ohio State is going to win some games. Already the pack is thinning some, with guys like McSorley looking fairly unimpressive, Tate having a worse year passing, Fromm sharing enough playing time that he's getting even less attempts than Tua (Kelly Bryant wasn't a serious candidate in my mind, but he's not getting enough playing time either), and we can snicker a bit at Stidham and his 3 passing TDs being on some people's lists prior to the start of the season.

This article details it some, but right now we're looking at 4 QBs in the hunt:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ls-qb-takeover
    Last edited by KrAzY3; September 23rd, 2018 at 06:38 AM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Grier is going to probably win it unless WVU loses or Tua just has one of those ďheisman momentsĒ. I just donít think we will have enough close games for him to show out.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Grier is going to probably win it unless WVU loses or Tua just has one of those ďheisman momentsĒ. I just donít think we will have enough close games for him to show out.
    Donít think that is true. I havenít seen anything special on Grierís end.